Nudge bar mounts?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Nudge bar mounts?

Postby mat85 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:25 pm

I've found a nudge bar on gumtree for a fair price, however it doesn't come with the mounting brackets and my local dealer is useless and i've had no luck with local wreckers. Are there any templates available or is my best option just to borrow my mates GLXR brackets and copy them? I assume MN GLXR will fit MN GLX+?

Cheers
mat85

Re: Nudge bar mounts?

Postby RHKTriton on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Its a problem mat85.

I made some enquiries a few years ago and at that time the brackets were't available as a seperate part.

A wrecker or copy a mates might be the best bet. They seem to be designed with airbag compatibility in mind.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Snooozy on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:27 pm

I got some a while back for my brother from Tritonwreckers
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16050
just have to be lucky on the timing
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby nealh82 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:16 am

Where are you? I've bent my nudge bar and dint think I'll bother with a new one. If you're local to sunny coast or brisbane I'll offload mine to you
nealh82

Postby mat85 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm in Perth, would postage be a hassle or even worth it?

I've called every wrecker in Perth. No ones got any. One place is wrecking a glxr with a badly dented bar but still couldn't help. The dealer could supply a whole unit for $600

If worse comes to worse i can just pinch my mates and get a copy fab'd up.
mat85

Postby Petenkaz on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi guys, sorry to tag onto this thread. I've picked up a ML nudge bar for my MN, have brackets and seems to fit, though a bit close to the bumper. Wondering if anyone has pics posted of fitting the nudge bar? I've searched the forum but had no success. Also wondering if anyone can confirm the bolt size for the threaded chassis mount part of it? Pretty close to M10, but it's not!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Peter
Petenkaz

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:27 pm

This is copied from elsewhere on the forum:

Nudge bar bolts
4x30mm M10 High Tensile (8.8) Bolts to fix bracket to chassis + 4x Spring washers + 2x nuts 4x35mm M10 High Tensile (8.8) Bolts to fix bar to bracket + 4x Spring washers and 4x washers and nuts. This was on MY15 GLX-R

If your M10s aren't fitting maybe it's just a question of thread pitch. I'm not sure which is standard but you might have 1.0 and it might take 1.5 for example. Just take the one that doesn't fit to bunnings, work it out with their thread board thing and then buy the other pitch and try that.

These instructions are not for the genuine bar but should help anyway since they probably use much the same holes etc
http://www.egrauto.com/sites/default/files/SK567%20-%20TRITON%20CHALLENGER%20LL.pdf
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:53 am

I got caught with the threads. The bolts to mount the bar to the brackets seem to be different thread to the ones that go in the chassis.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mat85 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Finally found a wrecker selling a pair this arvo. Only issue is that one is slightly bent at the nudge bar end. Hopefully with a bit of heat it'll bend back into place.
mat85

Postby jaycee43 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Just using this thread to see if anyone has information on fitting bolts required for a MCC nudge bar on a MN triton I have got the bar and the mounting bracket is attached just looks like it needs bolts and I have found the threads on the chasis but unsure of size
jaycee43

Postby dieselweasel on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:38 pm

There's a wrecker down here in Bunbury with a triton that just has the mounts poking out the front. Gimme a shout if you want them and we can work something out, from what I remember, one bracket was slightly bent but nothing a hammer couldn't remedy. Got the funniest feeling that it may be the same one that you're looking at
Proud owner of 'Wheelbarrow'
dieselweasel

Return to Exterior Mods