Nu Force rear step & Tow bar

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Nu Force rear step & Tow bar

Postby DogzLife on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:47 am

Anyone got personal experience with the NuForce rear step and towbar for $699? I'm in the market for a towbar and understand the standard towbar fitted drops quite low and is around the $500 mark. Not keen to fork out over a grand for an ARB or TJM rear step (although I hear it has great towbar clearance). I'm wondering if the NuForce has similar clearance to the ARB or TJM models.
DogzLife

Re: Nu Force rear step & Tow bar

Postby emjayar on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:10 am

Be careful about towbars that are sub ~$1K as they may decrease your towing capacity. Always tow at the smallest rated limit whether that is your towbar, your brakes, your car's plate.

I have the MCC Rear Jack Bar on my ML and I love it but horses for courses and individual preferences...
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:52 am

The NuForce rear step towbar has a capacity for towing of only 1500kg.

It looks like the old MCC/Ironman bar which had a similar rating. I had one of those on my ML and clearance was very good. The tow capacity didn't worry me since I don't tow heavy anyway. Possibly not quite as heavy duty as the ARB, but did the job well for me.

This will give you an idea of clearance, on the ML. Obviously won't be quite so good on the Serena Williams equipped MN.

Click to view larger picture
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby DogzLife on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Cheers guys, I'm not towing boats or caravans, just a small trailer and a bike carrier. Its quoted towing capacity is 2500kg which is heaps for me.

http://nuforce4x4.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_92_334&product_id=502
DogzLife

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Threw me a bit there. I would have sworn that I was looking at a NuForce step/bar yesterday that said 1500kg tow capacity.

I was
http://nuforce4x4.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_92&product_id=197

It's for an ML. Now why would a shorter bar have a lower tow rating? Or, a longer bar a higher tow rating?
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Terror on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:01 pm

If you do get one can you post some pictures? I'm looking at rear bars too but hard to choose. Nuforce has shit pics of all their gear, I'd be more likely to buy off them if I could actually see what it looked like first...
Terror

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Chris

NowForThe5th

Return to Exterior Mods