Fitting Sports Bar to MN Triton & Hard Lid - pics & process?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

MN Triton Sports Bar

Postby pickle_juice07 on Sat May 11, 2013 12:04 am

Hi everyone,
I have recently bought a second hand sports bar and was wanting to know the correct mounting position is and what the correct fixings are as they didn't come with it. Even if someone could take a couple of detailed pics of positioning.
I have already bought some stainless steel bolts with nylon nuts and washers and was wondering if these will do.
So far I've searched the forum and have only found the link for fitting the three piece hard lid which
doesn't include instructions on the sports bar.
Thanks for all the help in advance :D
pickle_juice07

Re: MN Triton Sports Bar

Postby Tony on Sat May 11, 2013 12:16 am

I have mine all off ATM, if no one comes up with the goods and if I get a chance tomorrow, I'll get some measurements and take a few pics for you.

I'd think you'd be pretty safe with a trial fit, stand back for a look then drill the holes perhaps using a template?
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Re: MN Triton Sports Bar

Postby pickle_juice07 on Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks a lot I'll be fitting it sometime tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure it
was in the right spot for the tonneau cover.
thanks again if you do get around to it
pickle_juice07

Fitting Sports Bar to MN Triton & Hard Lid - pics & process?

Postby mark.james35 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:49 am

Hi everyone,

I have a Triton MN 2010 GLR and have recently bought a second hand sports bar and was wanting to know the correct mounting position addtionaly I wish to install a hard lid in future but depends on if someone selling a white one for MN in WA that goes with sports bar.

Can someone please take some photos and measurement of the position where the nuts are bolted in ? that will be great.

The only thing I am a bit worried about is that once I mount the sports bar and in future when I find a second hand 3 piece hard lid will it have a different fitting or will I have to drill new holes to re place sports bar to cater hard lid ?

Can someone please please please take some photos and measurement of their sports bar mounted in the 3 piece hard lid ?

Thank you so much
mark.james35

Re: Fitting Sports Bar to MN Triton & Hard Lid - pics & proc

Postby mark.james35 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:19 pm

Anyone please ??
mark.james35

Postby kouta666 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Mines a ML and my hard lid sits in the garage all the time now. I wouldnt bother getting one. Sure they look good but you can't carry anything. One of those sliding hard tonneau's would be ideal for all situations
kouta666

Postby Morgs n Jess on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:03 pm

Pretty sure the pieces for the hard lid slip under the barwork from what i’ve seen briefly, I myself had the single piece for awhile and like kouta666 has said there a waste of time. I went the canopy direction which iv’e had for the last 4 years but now looking at going the tray as the wellbody just doesnt have enough room for a family of 5. If you’d be interested in a canopy let me know.
Morgs n Jess

Postby mark.james35 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Thanks guys for the input.

I had a canopy on but I sold it since I wanted a more truck look rather a family wagon look. I just bought a sports bar but don't have the hard lid to go with it yet since I cannot find a used one in white in WA. The thing I was concerned was once I drill the holes for sports bar and install it and later on when I end up finding a 3 piece hard lid for MN that goes with sports bar I don't wish to drill holes again to adjust sports bar to fit inside those two small pieces that sit under the sports bar.
mark.james35

Postby mark.james35 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Additionally, do you guys know if I can start a thread if someone in WA is selling a white three piece hard lid for MN ?
mark.james35

Help Help Help im on my knees begging ???

Postby mark.james35 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 am

HI all I have a Triton MN 2009 GLR and wish to install a sports bar this weekend. I was wondering can anyone please kindly take couple of photos with measuring tape and show me where to drill holes in order to install the sports bar ?

Thank you so much I really appreciate guys.
mark.james35

Where to drill holes for MN sports bar

Postby mark.james35 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:28 pm

HI all I have a Triton MN 2009 GLR and wish to install a sports bar this weekend. I was wondering can anyone please kindly take couple of photos with measuring tape and show me where to drill holes in order to install the sports bar ?

Thank you so much I really appreciate guys.
mark.james35

Re: Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new th

Postby aquagen on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Is it a drill job? Or are the nuts already part of the tub.
aquagen

Re: Help Help Help im on my knees begging ???

Postby Daniels glr on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:11 pm

Why not sit the sports bar in position and mark the holes from there?
Daniels glr

Postby mark.james35 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi Daniel the dilemma I'm facing right now is that I only have sports bar right now and in future I want to get a 3 piece hard lid that goes with sports bar so I just want to make sure I drill the holes accordingly so in future when I get hard lid those side pieces fit perfectly underneath it hence I want someone to kindly show me a photo with measuring tape.

thanks mate
mark.james35

Re: Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new th

Postby mark.james35 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:07 pm

mate I have to drill 2 holes on either side of the tub but I want to install a 3 piece hard lid in future so I want to make sure when I find a 3 piece hard lid the two small pieces sit under the sports bar and I don't have to drill new holes to fit everything. hence I need some help from experienced people here.
mark.james35

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Locked, temporarily, while I sort out this mess. :evil:
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Ok people, I've merged all the threads on fitting an MN hard lid. I'm sorry if this thread now seems somewhat disjointed - you can blame that on mark.james35 who was posting all over the forum on the subject.

A couple of observations and tips.

Firstly a thread which has a title like "Help Help Help im(sic) on my knees begging" is a classic example of how not to do it. Why? Because it is invariably a sign of someone who couldn't be bothered looking for themselves, hasn't planned ahead and, worse, now expects someone else to fix their problem.

If I was looking for information on fitting an MN hard lid I think I'd be reasonably unlikely to include "help", "knees" and "begging" as key words. They serve no purpose and actually have the reverse effect to what may have been desired. Many members see something like that and just go on to the next thread. So instead of attracting attention, a thread title like that is more likely to actually turn away members who may have the answer. A thread title should have direct relevance, if not actually summarise the thread content. It is absolutely the best way to actually get answers from people who may know. Seriously, if you were trying to sell a Triton would you title the ad Holden Kingswood?

Crossposting (multiple instnaces of the same post, or even similar) is frowned upon here. Want to know one of the best ways to really get a Moderator off side? Do something like that which then requires the Mod to spend time clearing up the mess.

Enough of that. Back to the actual topic of this thread. In my business we've fitted a number of hard lids on Tritons. The first thing is that not all hard lids are the same. There are small production differences from time to time and occasionally a major change. One set of sports bars may not always fit a given hard lid or may require minor variations in positioning to suit. So my best advice is to wait until you have a the hard lid before you charge ahead and fit the sports bars. Then do the two together.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby mark.james35 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Thanks Mod and I really apologise for wasting everyones time. Guys Im really sorry and wont ever post any questions again sorry again.
mark.james35

Postby coughy on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:20 am

it isnt a madder of posting questions m8 dont get your pantys in a knot
you just have to use the search button up the top first..

have a read of this post

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7737url
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Actually I didn't think it was a lack of search that was the problem, more asking the same question 3 different places including a new thread about being on knees or something.

Anyway it's not the end of the world and nobody died or anything so chill.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Return to Exterior Mods