X ROX fitment in Sydney??

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

X ROX fitment in Sydney??

Postby tritonliz on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi

I am going ahead with my X Rox fitment in the next 3 weeks. I contacted opposite Lock in Rockdale, South Sydney and they want to charge me $60 freight which I think is a bloody cheek and possibly $300 fitment (despite me telling them washer bottle has already been removed). They think they may have to cut more to fit it as I already have a 5 year old TJM Deluxe Bullbar on it (2010 MN model). It looks pretty much the same cut to me. Has anyone else taken off another bar to fit an X Rox?

Also can anyone recommend a fitter in Sydney who will do a good job and not rip me off? I can get it delivered free to Sydney for the $70 less than Opposite Lock want to charge me!

Happy to also pay anyone on here that enjoys that sort of stuff, lol.
tritonliz

Re: X ROX fitment in Sydney??

Postby micv on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Why are you changing from TJM to Xrox? Just curious as im trying to decide which to get.
micv

Postby explorer.dave on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:29 pm

micv wrote:Why are you changing from TJM to Xrox? Just curious as im trying to decide which to get.

For the looks l'm guessing, certainly not for the strength or protection, they do look 8-) though.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:33 pm

The TJM is the old shiny alloy style and the ute is black so it looks a bit shite. surprised she handled it this long. :shock:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby L200Shogun on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:45 pm

I am in Perth. I can think of two mobile fitters that would fit it in my driveway or work car park etc. Surely there are people like that in Sydney.

There is also a Perth Facebook page and I suspect you could find someone to do it for not a lot of beer.

If the bumper has been cut really it is not a lot of work.
L200Shogun

Postby tritonliz on Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:02 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:The TJM is the old shiny alloy style and the ute is black so it looks a bit shite. surprised she handled it this long. :shock:

Thanks Dave, you could have told me that 12 months ago, lol. Were you just being polite..yes I am changing as want something less bulky and am going all black.

Am sure the question was "Where can I get the X Rox bar fitted in Sydney where they aren't sarcastic sods like Opposite Lock in Rockdale are?"
tritonliz

Postby tritonliz on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:40 pm

L200Shogun wrote:I am in Perth. I can think of two mobile fitters that would fit it in my driveway or work car park etc. Surely there are people like that in Sydney.

There is also a Perth Facebook page and I suspect you could find someone to do it for not a lot of beer.

That is what I thought but Opposite Lock seem to think it may cost more to fit if bumper been cut for another bar previously, which I think is rubbish. I want someone to do a good job..
tritonliz

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:23 pm

I suppose if they thought it had been cut higher that might cause some dramas but that doesn't seem too likely to me. And maybe it is harder to take off an existing bar than to cut off a bit of plastic? If the bolts were a bit seized or whatever, which is possible given the time you spend near salt water. It's a shame though as they gave me reasonable service on a few things when I went there a while back. In particular they did a great job on the diff lockers. Come to think of it though the bullbar install was a bit ordinary.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Calblitzen on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:36 pm

tritonliz wrote:
L200Shogun wrote:I am in Perth. I can think of two mobile fitters that would fit it in my driveway or work car park etc. Surely there are people like that in Sydney.

That is what I thought but Opposite Lock seem to think it may cost more to fit if bumper been cut for another bar previously, which I think is rubbish. I want someone to do a good job..

I had mine fitted by my panel beater who has now retired. I struggle to find anyone decent down south and now do most of the work myself if I have time. Maybe contact the manufacturer and see who is their suggested installer down south.
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby tritonliz on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:54 pm

Calblitzen wrote:
tritonliz wrote:

I had mine fitted by my panel beater who has now retired. I struggle to find anyone decent down south and now do most of the work myself if I have time. Maybe contact the manufacturer and see who is their suggested installer down south.

After having chats with the owner I am going back to Opposite Lock as they also did a good deal on the bash plate being powdercoated, fitting that was cheap and an LED bar and spotties for the X Rox..they came out almost $300 cheaper than Opposite Lock in Cambeltown and Wollongong couldn't even be arsed to reply to my enquiry! X Rox recommend Opp Lock.
tritonliz

Return to Exterior Mods