Illuminator 9 inch driving lights (4wd Supacentre)

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Illuminator 9 inch driving lights (4wd Supacentre)

Postby Maxiy on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Each to their own.

I consider lights as a bit of a consumable, if they break the do not hurt anyone or cause damage to your vehicle (obviously with some exceptions, if i was doing a round AUS trip my opinion would differ).

I am new to the 4X4 world, and i figured that i could spend more money on quality things like a bull bar, lift kit, engine mods etc. all things that if they broke because they are cheap and nasty would either leave me stranded, cause an accident or possibly kill me.

I have a tight budget so i direct my funds to things i think a a better priority, lights were at the bottom of my list. Everyone has different needs and different budgets, these suited mine.

If/when my budget grows enough to justify spending top dollar on ALL aspects of my ute, then i will be buying top notch lights. But for the moment, if it gets the job done and does not cause damage to myself, my car and anyone else on the road then i will buy cheap, if it breaks in 2 months, lesson learnt, no harm done.
Maxiy

Postby schilgsy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Don't waste your money. I've had mine for 9 months and while the light isn't bad for 200 bucks. They failed when I needed them the most. Driving to Bendethra Valley on Friday night it was dark, wet and the tracks were slippery, halfway in I was a little disappointed in the light output but was even more disappointed when they quit working all together. I haven't put a multi meter to it yet but the fuse was fine.
schilgsy

Postby Maxiy on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:55 am

schilgsy wrote:Don't waste your money. I've had mine for 9 months and while the light isn't bad for 200 bucks. They failed when I needed them the most. Driving to Bendethra Valley on Friday night it was dark, wet and the tracks were slippery, halfway in I was a little disappointed in the light output but was even more disappointed when they quit working all together. I haven't put a multi meter to it yet but the fuse was fine.

Going to bendethra this weekend, shall see if i run into the same problem. This will be the first water crossing they will be through, im a little nervous to tell you the truth hahahaha :oops:
Maxiy

Postby Minza on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Hey maxiy,
I have these exact lights,been out in the Bush a few times now and tell ya what they turn night into day.They haven't moved a bit on the rough tracks up the brindies, you will be able to see how they perform when we hit bandethera. Also if you hit a roo or something there cheap to replace,with the wiring harness peace of piss to hook up. :D :D
Minza

Postby Maxiy on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:29 pm

Hey Minza

Yeah i have a set, been on the front for a few months now, just have not done any water crossings with them yet , so not sure how they will go. We will see :lol:
Maxiy

Postby ag9111 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:45 am

Dry Creek crossing isn't deep enough to upset your lights, unless you drive up stream
Please don't ask how I know!!! :oops:
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:48 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: First time I saw a Triton float.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods