ARB bashplate compatability

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

ARB bashplate compatability

Postby seanlush on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi guys. i have been given the sump and transmission case ARB bash plate, but unfortunately not the intercooler. Will any old aftermarket intercooler plate be compatible with the rest of the ARB gear or do i need the full kit? Thanks, Sean
seanlush

Re: ARB bashplate compatability

Postby mudslinger on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:51 am

No expert but i would say yes, just put some boos bash plates on strong, look great and cheap (price includes delivery), all the plates bolt up to existing holes on chassis, much the same as ARB ones i assume.

Most are similar thickness, fit same holes, soi recon you'd be right. :D
mudslinger

Postby seanlush on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 am

mudslinger wrote:No expert but i would say yes, just put some boos bash plates on strong, look great and cheap (price includes delivery), all the plates bolt up to existing holes on chassis, much the same as ARB ones i assume.

Most are similar thickness, fit same holes, soi recon you'd be right. :D
My only concern is that the ARB appears to need to be bolted together first before bolting it to the car. has anyone had any luck trying to get spares through ARB? Cheers, Sean
seanlush

Postby seanlush on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:54 pm

All sorted, ARB will replace/sell you the individual parts. They don't like to advertise this as due to their unique sizes of the three plates and how they join up to one another you need the full set to make it work, so for $190 (GST inlcuded) they will sell me the front radiator plate!

This means for a grand total of $250 i have a set of new ARB bashplates... A win in my books! 8-)
seanlush

Return to Exterior Mods