MQ nudge bar

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

MQ nudge bar

Postby notfred52 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Can someone tell me the best and easiest fit nudge bar for my 2016 MQ, around the $300.00 mark, it appears there are all sorts out there. cheers Paul
notfred52

Re: MQ nudge bar

Postby Ray57MQ on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Been checking some of the cheaper ones fitted locally here.
Some seem brittle, realise they are not a bullbar or rated as such but its a minefield I think. :shock:
My main concern is (some) have ADR compliance and others only have Airbag compliance ?
This could affect an insurance claim for you and/or other person in an accident.

Others may be prepared to risk it but not me, it costs more but I've decided to go soon with a factory nudge bar fitted by a dealer for compliance.
Don’t take life so seriously, it isn’t permanent
Ray57MQ

Postby pyrah on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Have also got a genuine nudge bar on the front of my MQ triton but fitted a cheap ebay Nudge bar onto my MN triton with no drama . Unfortunately can't find who i purchased from
Click to view larger picture
Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
pyrah

Postby WUNSIE on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:43 am

notfred52 wrote:Can someone tell me the best and easiest fit nudge bar for my 2016 MQ, around the $300.00 mark, it appears there are all sorts out there. cheers Paul

This only my personal opinion, but I like to stay with Genuine.
I picked mine up a week or so after I bought my MQ brand new, I just constantly checked out Gumtree and sure enough picked up an almost brand new one complete with brackets/bolts for couple hundred dollars, the owner had a few near misses with roo,s whilst travelling to and from horse events and had it replaced with a bull bar, and it fitted perfect first up :P
WUNSIE

Postby notfred52 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Thanks to all who replied, still cant bring myself to pay genuine, will keep looking, cheers Paul
notfred52

Postby aquagen on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Genuine fitment involves hacking up your lower grill. Most after market use brackets bolted to chassis rails
aquagen

Postby Spaceman on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:09 am

I too am looking at nudge bars to mount some spot lights. I dont like the way the factoty one fits. The one's that bolts up under the front, you do loose front ground clearance but i think in a accident they would not effect the deployment of the airbags like a bullbar would
Spaceman

Postby Rain on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:57 am

I have nudge bars installed on both of my MQ tritons. It is not a factory one, but a universal nudge bar that fits on the MQ. No cutting on the front bar is required and it comes with metal brackets that will mount the nudge bar straight on the chassis. Only takes about 30mins to install and no drilling of any sort is required. Check the link below.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-St ... SwJ7RYWLiA

Ring him and check if he has stock before you order.

Cheers
Rain

Postby Lawz on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:10 am

Depends if you care about genuine look, clearance and ease of installation.
I got a nudge bar because I wanted something lighter than a bull bar.
I looked into the under chassis mount as it would be easy to install however didn't like the clearance.
I purchased a black genuine copy from Tyrant4x4 for $355 including postage. Required removal of the front bumper because I couldn't get the grille straight out. Required cutting into the grille with 2 brackets mounting to chassis.
Brands sell genuine copies or similar are Bossco Auto, Tyrant4x4, AJW Motor Accessories and JTM_Auto (new company).
Lawz

Postby notfred52 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 am

Thanks for all the replies, will probably go with Bossco auto, they are airbag compatable and ADR approved, also in my price range, cheers.
notfred52

Postby thehosie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 pm

On topic of nudge bars, can someone pease tell me how far the genuine bar sticks out from bumper to farthest point. Don't have much room to spare in garage, man it's a long car
thehosie

Postby beej75 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:45 pm

thehosie wrote:On topic of nudge bars, can someone pease tell me how far the genuine bar sticks out from bumper to farthest point. Don't have much room to spare in garage, man it's a long car

Mine is the genuine nudge that comes with the GLS Sport. 120mm.

That's not vernier calipers. That's one eye closed holding a ruler looking down from (a perceived perpendicular) above. So if 120mm leaves you touching front and back of garage, I'd get a second opinion.
beej75

Postby thehosie on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Cheers mate think ill make it :)
thehosie

Return to Exterior Mods