ML triton Canopy Mounting Brackets

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

ML triton Canopy Mounting Brackets

Postby northwest9 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:44 pm

I have searched and cant find what I'm digging for

I want to put a canopy on my late 06 ML triton, and have found a second hand factory canopy, but it doesnt have any mounting brackets, cause the bloke said he cant find them, its been sitting for a while

I rang 2 different mitsubishi dealers, one told me they dont sell the mounting bracket seperately, only the whole canopy, the other told me the brackets were $82. i have not been able to track down a picture of how the factory canopy mounts, so i cant work out if i can make the brackets myself, or if the mounting kit at $82 is easier

does anyone have a factory canopy on an ML they could take some photos of the brackets and send me? do they clamp on or do they need to be screwed thru the top of the tub?

I have to take the hard cover off, does it mount into some of the hard cover and bar holes?

thanks
northwest9

Re: ML triton Canopy Mounting Brackets

Postby jrs184 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:47 am

I put my ARB canopy on my '06 Ml after removing the hard lid and sports bar, I had to put a 40x40 strip of aluminium angle across the front of the tub to take up the dip. None of the holes from the Lid can be used for the canopy. The ARB canopy bolted thru the steel channels to steel angle fixed to the vertical inside turndown of the top of the tub, with 6mm ht bolts in slotted holes and then one round hole drilled after fitting. So there are vertical bolts thru the channel to the angle and horizontal bolts thru the angle to the tub.There are 3 different tubs for the ML, You could make it but for $82 if it is the right bracket for the canopy then use that, will save you so much time. The self adhesive rubber seal to the cab can be bought from Clarke Rubber.
jrs184

Re: ML triton Canopy Mounting Brackets

Postby John T on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Hey jrs184 have you got any photos of how your brackets work? Ive got the arb canopy for ml with all the brackets but it was off the ute when i bought it so have no idea how they work
John T

Return to Exterior Mods