PS4X4 Rear bar

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

PS4X4 Rear bar

Postby Probz on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:48 am

Hi, I just bought a PS4X4 Jack rear bar and are having troubles with how its mounted and wanted to see if anyone else has one and what theirs is like.

The Bolt hole on the underside of the chassis which the OEM tie down point was bolted to doesn't line up with the slot in the bar but the bigger hole in the chassis which is about a 1" hole does this seems a bit off to me would you agree this isn't how it should be mounted? For the time being I made a doubler plate to spread clamping force over each side of the hole until I work out what to do with it.

Also the bar sits closer in to the tub on the back at the left but the side hoop on the left has a bigger gap then the right (about 20mm vs 5mm) anyone else who has one does theirs sit crooked like this?

Just trying to work out if its worth the hassle to send it back if its only going to get replaced with one just as bad or just suck it up as a lesson to not be cheap haha.

Cheers
Probz

Re: PS4X4 Rear bar

Postby DaveXT on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Never heard of that Brand, May it's cheap and nasty.
DaveXT

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Or the car is.

Older members will remember lots of discussion about the variances in chassis widths in the MLs and MNs. Lots of people had problems, especially fitting rear bars.

At the time some of the Asian bar manufacturers were a bit iffy on QC, but with chassis width variations up to 10mm it wasn't necessarily their fault.

Part of the reason that it seems to have gone away is that the bar manufacturers have come up with brackets that accommodate variations in the car. Maybe this bar doesn't do that?

I want to put a steel bar on the back of my Paj, but the only manufacturer that makes these says they can't make a "one size fits all" and I have to go to Melbourne for 3 days to have one custom made.

Same problem I'd expect.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:29 am

So, does Chai Son and his mates just wack chassis together on the floor in the corner of the factory? :lol:

10mm variance, that's a lot for a modern production line.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Probz on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:31 pm

I might run some measurements over the chassis because this wouldn't surprise me too much. The bar does have 20mm slots to allow for adjustment but the bar would be touching the tub if i got it to line up.

But by sounds of it going through the hassle of sending it back and having it replaced may not be worth it if thats the case might just be better off modifying the tube to clear the tub

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Probz

Return to Exterior Mods