MR Tub swap onto MN

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

MR Tub swap onto MN

Postby Maxiy on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:32 am

Hi all

I really like the tub and tail lights of the MR triton, and REALLY hate the tub and tail lights of the MN :lol: .
I was wondering if the MR tub would fit onto and match the MN chassis, there are plenty popping up on gumtree, so if they fit i thought it may be a good cheap way to make the MN rear end a little more modern 8-)
Maxiy

Re: MR Tub swap onto MN

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:52 pm

It does fit. I saw a MN with a MQ tub, looked great, and MQ is same size as MR. Not sure if is a straight bolt on fit though, I'm not sure if all the mounts line up.But this one fitted perfectly.

The wiring will be different though. But if you get the wiring harness for the MR with it you can pop the pins out of the MR Plug to fit your old MN plug. This could give you the high level brake light if your new tub has one.

Alternatively use your old MN harness and just joint the looms together at the connectors just behind the lights.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Maxiy on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Well i picked up an MR tub for cheap. WHen i get some time i will see if it fits on and looks any good.

My main concern is that the MR looks to have a slightly straighter/angled interface between the tub and the cab, while the MN is quite rounded and smooth. The MR tub also has the sharp expressed fold running through the top quarter section of the tub, which continues into the MR door. The MN is just smooth, so the lines might look a little funny

o well can only test it and see.

i unfortunately didn't get a wiring harness with the MR tub, so i will have to work out how i will do the lights.
Maxiy

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Any feedback on how the swap went?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Maxiy on Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:53 am

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:Any feedback on how the swap went?

Ended up snagging a custom aluminum tray from auction, so never tried the swap. Biggest hurdle i came up against when i was looking into it was the lights. The tub i got didnt come with the wiring harness, so needed to source a harness for the MR tail lights before i could dive into the swap. Got the tray before i found a harness, so sold the tub.
Maxiy

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:58 pm

Yeah the wiring is the only problem. Apart from that its a simple bolt off and on.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Return to Exterior Mods