Bullbars

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Bullbars

Postby Naff on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Hehe.. leading to bad news depending on how much room I had.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby reeldreamer on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:37 am

Man that is U G L Y!!!!
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Bullbars

Postby fridgie on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Can we ring the number on the windscreen and ask them why? Oh why?

:lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby hendo on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:25 pm

I dont mind it
How much ?
how strong?
where from?
air bag compatible ?
hendo

Postby QueenslandeR on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:15 pm

might look ok in another colour other than black.. steel or alloy bars still look alot better though
QueenslandeR

Postby boycee on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:03 am

That is one ugly bar. Reckon you still get alot of damage to the car if you hit something because of how close it sits to the car. :roll: I had quotes for the smart bar years ago and they were pretty similar to the tjm. :shock:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:50 am

Naff wrote:Got the Sahara Bar (and snorkel) fitted on Friday... am happy with the install! No sign of problems with suspension yet but I guess it is early days.

Click to view larger picture

i will say this is a great looking bar Nathan.

not quite sure if you hit a roo on it's upstroke on the corner you will save your headlight but nonetheless a very nice looking piece of kit. buggered if i know why they re more expensive than the deluxe bars though........
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mickkk on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:48 am

My brother had a roo bar on his courier. It is one of the plastic ones. He didn't put it on there it was on there when he got the ute. But he seems quite impressed with it. He has scratched crap out of it, but you cant tell as there is on colour coating on it, so still looks quite new. Its meant to be better for taking smaller hits as it will pop back into shape, and the bar is meant to absorb alot of the energy of the "hit". And any bar gets stuffed from a big hit.

Its not the bast if you want to mount more than 2 spot lights or lots of antennas. Also can not put scrub bars on.
Also that one is dog ugly, his one is more of a normal bull bar shape.
In saying all that, I don't think I would ever put one on a truck, but I hope it gives you some more info on them.

Cheers Mickey
mickkk

Postby rocklicker on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:53 pm

just got my ARB bar fitted last month, motor runs at the same temperatures and havent noticed any changes to fuel economy, but have noticed a tendency to more understeer in the mud in high 4, assuming its from the extra weight.
rocklicker

Postby alaw299 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Looking to add a bullbar to the ML triton. The sahara looks great, however spending that cash i would like a lttle more reassurance in protection.

I have narrowed it down to either:

1. ARB delux combination at $2100 or
2. Ironman Protector bar at $1800.

they look pretty similar, but a saving of $300 can go towards spotties or snorkel....

Is there a difference in quality?
alaw299

Postby Naff on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:23 pm

If you like the ARB deluxe, you might want to consider the Ironman deluxe as they look exactly the same. I haven't seen the ironman up close and was considering it at first but was put off by various comments around the place - I think the 'you get what you pay for' statement is worth considering here.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby UAV on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:40 pm

id think id rather have a black arb deluxe and fit it myself for $1640
UAV

Postby steve1961 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:28 pm

UAV wrote:id think id rather have a black arb deluxe and fit it myself for $1640

Yes its great to save the $$$ and i wish i could do it too ... even though some of us can actually do the work ... not all of us have the place to do it ... ive had to have just about all the work iv'e had done on mine ... done by somebody else as i have nowhere to do it myself :(

ps except for the snorkel ... i fitted that myself in a female friends carport .... and before you ask lol yes it still cost me
steve1961

Postby UAV on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:15 pm

found this on pajeroclub, few different bars there

http://www.a2z4x4.com.au/index.aspx?page=11&gallery=4
UAV

Postby Racer on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Our work trucks are fitted with ARB commerical steel and I have an Ironman black commercial. I am close to the sea and often drive on the beach whether it be for a surf or taking the dog for a run. It hasn't aged any more than what the ARB has...and the LED lights look great....

Just a positive for Ironman...
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Bullbars

Postby fridgie on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 am

Not needing as serious roo protection as others (there's very few of them in bris and now they have prob all drowned anyway :roll: ) I went for the colour coded sahara. Just love the look of it as it doesn't stand out like some of the other bars.

Will definitely be modding the washer bottle and removing the lower wings for more clearance on the corners though ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Bad Kitty on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:07 am

Holy crap Alaw and UAV you guys are being ripped off! I only paid $1476 for my delux bar (Paid $315 for fitting though :roll: ) and that was from the ARB boys here in Fyshwick...
I'd be getting them to sharpen their pencil given the radical price difference! :twisted:
Bad Kitty

Bullbars

Postby UAV on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 am

$1640 is the retail price. + $220 for colour coding + fitting. And that's 09 prices

But can definately be had for less.
UAV

Postby UAV on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:13 am

$1476 is a good price though kitty. ;)
UAV

Postby Gfoss83 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:26 am

I have the ironman deluxe and was very happy with it untill the other day... Firstly i took on a sand hill at a reasonable pace and hit the front end quite hard which pushed the bar up and busted both my wheel flares. secondly was up at loveday 4x4 park on the weekend and again hit the front end while exiting a mud pit and this time pushed it up even more and bent all the bottom section and busted the flares even more. Once i got home i loosend off the bolts and realigned the bar back to where it was which fixed the flares aswell. This time the bolts are tighter so hopefully it wont move again.
Last edited by Gfoss83 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gfoss83

Postby Bad Kitty on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:29 am

Promise... that's what I got it for :D

Part Number 3446220 - Combar Triton Late09ON with Flares $1476. Will that fit yours?

Mind you I also spent a vast fortune with them on the same order (bloody website! :roll: :roll: circa $9000) when getting it, but that shouldn't make any difference???
Bad Kitty

Postby UAV on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:32 am

Bad Kitty wrote:Promise... that's what I got it for :D

Part Number 3446220 - Combar Triton Late09ON with Flares $1476. Will that fit yours?

Mind you I also spent a vast fortune with them on the same order (bloody website! :roll: :roll: circa $9000) when getting it, but that shouldn't make any difference???

ahh yes... that definately makes a massive difference, hence why i am waiting and ordering a few things at the same time.
UAV

Postby snowman on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 am

Bad Kitty wrote:Mind you I also spent a vast fortune with them on the same order (bloody website! :roll: :roll: circa $9000) when getting it, but that shouldn't make any difference???

oh yes it does. i had the ARB barwork all round, canopy etc and it totalled about 7k or so butthey gave me about 20% off retail from memory. it also saves them fitting and paint setup costs as they can do them all at the same time.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Naff on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:22 am

The lights don't reflect off the Sahara bar Tex, definitely nothing distracting.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Bullbars

Postby fridgie on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:28 am

Tex wrote:Fridgie, do your headlight reflect off of the VERY shiny chrome hoop :?:
Looks good mate 8-)

edit- spelling :oops:

I thought it would but as the hoop leans back the top is only slightly illuminated as if someone was shining a torch on it. You can only see the top half of the horizontal section from the drivers seat (maybe more if you're taller than 6ft... :lol: )

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods