Bullbars

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Bullbars

Postby docta.phipps on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Jacobie wrote:How easy are the Xrox bar's to fit? Got a pretty good deal lined up with OL.

Also does anyone have a Single loop Iron man bar with picks?

Haven't seen a single loop from Ironman.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
docta.phipps

Postby kennys triton on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:00 pm

hinden winch bars any one now were to get at a good price
kennys triton

Postby Jacobie on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:10 am

Does anyone know if the ironman bullbars come with a new washer bottle? Or does the OEM one not need to be moved with this type of bullbar?
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Postby Quinny on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:04 pm

(... a few years back) mine didn't (Ml) I left mine where it was - However I did leave the bottom "wings" on the bar. If you take them off, the bottle needs a bit of a mod.

Click to view larger picture
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Maxiy on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:59 pm

FINALLY got my fit kit from ARB, so now to mount up the bar.

Anyone have any tips for mounting an ARB deluxe winch bar to a MN triton?
hoping to get it done this weekend as i have to re-new my insurance next week and want to make sure i get it on the policy.
Maxiy

Postby Terror on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Maxiy wrote:FINALLY got my fit kit from ARB, so now to mount up the bar.

hoping to get it done this weekend as i have to re-new my insurance next week and want to make sure i get it on the policy.

Have a mate come over and help you out and take your time, I did mine by myself but needed my girlfriend to pop the bolts through while I held the bar in place. Mines an Ironman but they are similar bars. Goodluck!
Terror

Postby Terror on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Jacobie wrote:Does anyone know if the ironman bullbars come with a new washer bottle? Or does the OEM one not need to be moved with this type of bullbar?

Mine didnt come with one and I didn thave to modify my old one at all. It sits just below the lower guards but the inner wheel arch plastic covers it nicely. I can put a pic up later if you want.
Terror

Postby Maxiy on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Terror wrote:
Maxiy wrote:FINALLY got my fit kit from ARB, so now to mount up the bar.

Have a mate come over and help you out and take your time, I did mine by myself but needed my girlfriend to pop the bolts through while I held the bar in place. Mines an Ironman but they are similar bars. Goodluck!

Cheers. Trying to talk my mate into it he isnt so keen :cry:
Maxiy

Postby bodia on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 am

Hi
Does anyone know if the ML bull bars fit the mn? Identical front or slightly different front leading to some gaps? (I assume the chassis is the same)
Reason I would like to know is the second hand bars for MN seem to be only a couple of hundred less than new so I may as well buy new but the ML bars seem to be more plentiful and a lot cheaper.
Mitsubishi say the part numbers are different for the bars and wreckers say we assume they are the same.
bodia

Postby Snooozy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:34 pm

there is a difference to the profile where it fits around the grille. I know of one member that made an ML bar fit an MN. Just a bit of grinding did the trick though
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Maxiy on Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:25 am

Does anyone know where i can get a smaller washer bottle?

Put the ARB deluxe winch bar on the other weekend (without the lower guards) and the bottle sticks out about 2 inches. Can i buy a smaller one or should i just get the hack saw and araldite out?
Maxiy

Postby Benny_wa on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:07 am

How did everyone go about doing the bumper cut, any tips or tricks? I got a second hand bar for my mn am I'm going to fit it up
Benny_wa

Postby snakesoup on Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:04 pm

go for a drive and find another triton with same/similar bullbar and look at it or measure,just make a couple of marks on yours where to get your line and away ya go
snakesoup

Postby Benny_wa on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Ended up tapping it out and using a cutting disc on a grinder, did a very neat job and got it perfectly even so thank god for that haha, was dreading it to begin with.
Benny_wa

Postby revolutiontriton on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:21 pm

anyone seen the Rhino 4x4 bars???
look pretty sweet..... until they said it would be $3500 :o :o :o

nice bit of kit but not for that much!
think ill go back to the MCC rocker bar.
revolutiontriton

Postby peterkiwi on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:11 am

Does anyone know if the Genuine MN alloy bullbar will swap over onto a ML without any gaping holes? I've searched the forum to death but can't find much about the genuine bullbars and if they will interchange. :?
peterkiwi

Postby peterkiwi on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:35 am

bump!
peterkiwi

Postby Jacobie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:12 am

Hey mate, not 100% sure, but i'm pretty sure that ML and MN are exactly the same in this regard. I got a xrox bullbar for an ML on my MN.
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Postby peterkiwi on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:31 pm

Jacobie wrote:Hey mate, not 100% sure, but i'm pretty sure that ML and MN are exactly the same in this regard. I got a xrox bullbar for an ML on my MN.

Thanks mate, yer it just seems they use different part numbers for MN & ML so just trying to be sure.
peterkiwi

Postby ag9111 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:42 am

peterkiwi wrote:
Jacobie wrote:Hey mate, not 100% sure, but i'm pretty sure that ML and MN are exactly the same in this regard. I got a xrox bullbar for an ML on my MN.

Thanks mate, yer it just seems they use different part numbers for MN & ML so just trying to be sure.

The front ends of MN and ML's are slightly different hence the different part numbers. Its only the centre section. Not vastly different as they use the same bonnet, guards and headlights.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby docta.phipps on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:12 pm

ag9111 wrote:
peterkiwi wrote:

The front ends of MN and ML's are slightly different hence the different part numbers. Its only the centre section. Not vastly different as they use the same bonnet, guards and headlights.

Hey Ag9111,

So ML on MN can work just doesn't fit up 100%?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
docta.phipps

Postby Dellian on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:05 pm

Old style ARB deluxe bullbar. Anyone know of a plastic cover for the foglights. ARB doesn't stock them so I'm wondering if another company makes an after market version.

Dellian

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Today I had an opposite lock deluxe post bar fitted. I got it colour coded and had the Aldi winch fitted while I was at it.

Lights

Right

Left

Centre

Spotties still to come. Thanks to Boycee for the fairlead and winch rope. :D Try and ignore the aerial, I have to move some wiring and stuff so it's just cable tied to the grille til the weekend.

So 4.5 years down the track I thought I might add to the original post to update on performance to date. What prompted these thoughts was 2 recent roo strikes. 1 was at about 100 clicks and I hit it dead centre. The other was closer to 80kmh and I hit him slightly to the left of centre, basically almost in line with the passenger side upright support bar. After close inspection on both occasions, I have been unable to detect any damage to the bar or to the car. In short I am now very happy with my choice of bar.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snakesoup on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:02 pm

it's finally paid for itself huh cd ... nice one mate
snakesoup

Postby roadblock on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 pm

moses wrote:Anyone got the instructions to fit a TJM T13 bullbar? Deciding whether or not to pay for install

Not sure if you're still looking for these or not... most TJM fitting instructions are available online with the right google search.

http://catalogue.tjmproducts.com/infos//070SB13N50L.pdf
2009 ML VR Dual Cab 3.2 DiD 5 speed Manual, ARB Canopy, TJM Bullbar, Titan Drawers
roadblock

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods