Naff wrote:You pay more for things that look good.. my non bias view anyway

I'd paid SFA for my x-rox so I'd have to agree with you naff :P :lol:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Bullbars

Postby Maxiy on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi all

Looking at painting a ARB Deluxe winch bar that i got second hand. i actually hate the look of the triple hoops on Tritons and originally wanted a Sahara bar or a Rhino 4x4 bar BUT at over 2k for both, and the fact i got the deluxe for under a grand i can bite my tongue on this one.

Anyway wanted to try something different with the paint job. Want peoples thoughts on the below colour schemes. Did these up in photoshop
Click to view larger picture

Cheers
Maxiy

Postby JeepChallenger on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Guys any idea if a Bull bar from a PB Challenger fit a PC Challenger. ARB told me they can't guarantee a fit beyond 2013.....
JeepChallenger

Postby Joel on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:04 pm

I dont like it maxiy imo all white or all black is the go. Whats with the WA plates i thought you were a Canberra boy?
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby Maxiy on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:29 pm

Joel

Yeah saw a triton at bunnings fyshwick with an ARB bar in all white, i didnt mind the look soo much. Must be that the hoops are not as noticeable when in white. Hate them in all black though :lol:

Sorry i just got that pic of google :oops:
Canberra Lad for sure :lol:

Didnt even think about the plates, i have blanked them out now so, whos ever truck it is floating round on google i do apolagise for not blanking the plates first :(
Maxiy

Postby Joel on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Have you seen them in all white on the glx? I like them in black on the glx but white on the glxr. Just the different grills makes a difference to my preferance. Hows the black one chip going?
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby Solarsailor on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 am

Does anyone have the MCC Falcon bar with the one loop? Looks like the ARB Sahara but a lot cheaper
Solarsailor

Postby Naff on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:34 am

Solarsailor wrote:Does anyone have the MCC Falcon bar with the one loop? Looks like the ARB Sahara but a lot cheaper

Not sure where it was but someone posted about their MCC bar rusting early.. look cheaper because they are..
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Maxiy on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 am

Joel

Yeah have seen them in all white on the GLX, Grill does not bother me too much as i will be putting driving lights on eventually so you wont see the grill :D

Chip has been out for a while now. Took it out to compare fuel economy. The chip did nothing for me economy wise :lol:

I do notice that it is out though, specially with the turbo lag. Been meaning to put it back in. My style of driving and 90% of my driving does not really get much benefit from the chip to tell you the truth. I Drive like an old man (most of the time) and i do really short runs to and from work 5 days a week, with long hauls to the snow on the weekends so was not noticing its benefits most of the time.

Will get an ECU tune one day, more concerned about fuel econ than anything
Maxiy

Postby dougie123 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:11 am

Naff wrote:
Solarsailor wrote:Does anyone have the MCC Falcon bar with the one loop? Looks like the ARB Sahara but a lot cheaper

Not sure where it was but someone posted about their MCC bar rusting early.. look cheaper because they are..

Might have been me, areas where it has taken hits from rock crawling and trees from bush bashing, rusting deeper than just surface rust. And it came with a "shroud or light weight skirt" I guess you call it, that goes around the bottom of the bar. All the clips have rusted out and the rust has gotten under the powder coating. I have only recently moved back to QLD and only done 2 beach trips so can't blame it on that. I fixed it up as best I can, I'll just replace it when it get too bad.
Also my bro in law is a Boiler Maker and he was less then impressed with the welding job, looks neat but does not go anywhere near deep enough.

But I did pick it up for $750 delivered so that's the pay off. Took me and a mate about 3 hours to install
dougie123

Postby Solarsailor on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Me again!

Sorry, but does anyone have the TJM outback bar? I think one of the cars at work has it installed (It looks like the letters OM but looking at the TJM symbol and bar, I think it's TJM). It looks quite good and fits the body of the Triton well. I've done a forum search and can find very little if anything on TJM (are they just Perth?).

I'm almost there on this bloody bar, I'm just exhausting all options before I slap down the cash! :oops:

EDIT: I think it's this one here - http://www.tjm.com.au/en-oceania/produc ... series=160
Solarsailor

Postby bundyroamer on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:56 pm

Last week I had an Ironman Deluxe Commercial bar installed. Originally I was looking at an ARB Deluxe bar but lucky for me I was able to see both in the local car park. The only difference I could see was the location of the ariel tab.
bundyroamer

Postby DCDAD on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Solarsailor wrote:Me again!

Sorry, but does anyone have the TJM outback bar?

EDIT: I think it's this one here - http://www.tjm.com.au/en-oceania/produc ... series=160

Thats the bar they refer to as the T13... i am like you , i like the look of the ARB Sahara, but can't justify spending that amount of money... and TJM make one almost identical , its the T3... but guess what? They don't make the T3 to suit the MN Triton :evil:
It wasn't me , Your Honour! :lol:
DCDAD

Postby DCDAD on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Why doesnt ARB compete with their prices? Im not saying lower them to their competitors price , but simply to attract business...

for example

Guy at ARB chatting away to his customer and says , "Look , i tell you what, if you purchase a bar off me today , ill do it for $XXXX... how does that sound?"

instead of simply quoting the damn ARB Manual :evil: .....
ive got a quote off TJM, Ironman ( Dealers ) , and MCC all of which will do some form or another of a deal to get their business... One in particular will even deliver it for free personally from his warehouse/Store from Vic to Sa :o

I understand that they have a good product, not disputing that, but their business sense ( from what im experiencing ) just seems all wrong in this financial climate.. ( Just a Personal :shock: Observation )
DCDAD

Postby Duck on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:22 pm

Some business don't want the race to the bottom model :?
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:49 pm

They still seem to have a waiting list for most MQ parts. I doubt I'd drop my price if I was in that position either.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby DCDAD on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Duck wrote:Some business don't want the race to the bottom model :?

I'm not sure I understand your comment?
Cowboy Dave wrote:They still seem to have a waiting list for most MQ parts. I doubt I'd drop my price if I was in that position either.

I have the previous model Dave, but it still doesn't change the fact it's always list price..
DCDAD

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 pm

A price is a price. Woollies and Coles charge you shelf price too...

If you want ARB gear at a discount you have maybe 3 options. Wait for a 4wd show and see if they have good deals - they usually do. Find an independent outlet that sells their gear - not an ARB owned store. Get another shop to order at trade pricing - they have a dealer price list which is lower than retail. I got my ARB lockers via opposite lock for example because my local ARB shop was too painful to deal with.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby DCDAD on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote: Get another shop to order at trade pricing - they have a dealer price list which is lower than retail. .

Thank you ... i wasnt aware this could happen... ill try my luck
DCDAD

Postby Duck on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Just meaning that they are not just competing on price alone, racing to the lowest price type business model. Not having a shot at you, just a passing comment. As they say you charge what the market can handle. They are at the top of the price tree but from what I hear & read they get a pretty good wrap ! I still have my factory nudge bar so I'll get back in my box.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby DCDAD on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:49 pm

Duck wrote:Not having a shot at you, just a passing comment. I still have my factory nudge bar so I'll get back in my box.

No No No , didnt think you were having a shot Duck, figured i didnt understand your comment , " Best to ask " to clarify... Just because you only have a nudge bar doesnt mean youre not entitled to your say, i appreciate comments from all spectrums and angles.. All Good Duck! ;)
DCDAD

Postby DCDAD on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Can some of you guys help,,, I have the IRONBARK MN, and i would like to see some SAHARA bars on them , but i cant figure wether i want it Painted or Not... any chance of some pics?
DCDAD

Postby DCDAD on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:57 pm

P.S Cowboy Dave, took your advice mate spoke to dealer, looks like im getting a good deal off of them, thanks for the Tip ;)
DCDAD

Postby Solarsailor on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:57 am

I also found ARB to be the least helpful of the company's I talked to. I sent two separate E-mail requests via their website and didn't get a single reply. I had to phone them and the guy didn't seem all that bothered. I assume they are so busy that it doesn't even matter.

Actually, most companies don't seem all that bothered. One company in Perth I agreed a price and stock then asked them to book the job in on the date they provided - Never heard from them again.

Put the whole thing on the back burner til later, I figured if they weren't bothered about my business, they wouldn't be bothered about my car either. Me and a mate will do it at some other point.
Solarsailor

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods