Bullbars

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Bullbars

Postby greeny03 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 am

Do you have a chip sierra?? Just curious as thought your model only put out 100kw?
Your statement
"My 2.5 manual is rated at 8.2L/100km average and that's about what I get, even with 131kw and 455Nm."
Contradicts Redbooks specs, but what would they know huh.
Or are you compensating for something up front with that comment!! lol!! :roll: :D
VR Triton
greeny03

Postby daryn on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Greeny, Sierra has a DPS chip which was also dyno'd by them for him.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby greeny03 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:00 pm

cheers!!
VR Triton
greeny03

Postby Tony on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 pm

This air flow thing is making me think twice about fitting a winch to mine as may never get used often if at all. Just don't travel alone :roll: I'll be making notes of any changes if I do fit one and is 99% likely.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:23 pm

sierra wrote: Why hasn't someone tried modifying the auto lock up? We've talked about it and posted a fair bit of info and it could be a very easy cheap mod.

...cause i have run out of funds!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

+ i want to be very sure that mod did not adversely effect the rest of the box or drivetrain. Hence i want to research it a bit.

it is on 'The list' but ATM the list is long. Just ordered a new Unifilter today to see if filtration is the problem with my high IA temps.

Next item 'Justin and his Chip it treatment"............ :D
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Naff on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:11 pm

I really like daryn's Sahara Bar (is it called that?). I like the look of it, especially colour coded - but I can't help but think if I'm going to hit something, what's the chances of me hitting it smack bang in the middle where the loop is located.. this bar doesn't protect the light area much at all... but I still want one badly :lol: Unfortunately - it is also very expensive!

The Ironman Protector bar is growing on me..

Any chance of some rough prices being posted for your installs guys??
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sierra on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:10 pm

snowman wrote:
...cause i have run out of funds!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

+ i want to be very sure that mod did not adversely effect the rest of the box or drivetrain. Hence i want to research it a bit.

it is on 'The list' but ATM the list is long. Just ordered a new Unifilter today to see if filtration is the problem with my high IA temps.

Next item 'Justin and his Chip it treatment"............ :D

Glad you've got your priorities right! :lol:

Someone posted that their 4 speed auto was transformed when they fitted the chip[it] So chances are it will kill 2 birds with one stone? :D
sierra

Postby new44 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:37 pm

At the local 4x4 show recently I think I overheard TJM reps. talking about T13 steel bar for Triton, a month or two away from release.

Is this right or is there already a t13 steel bar for the Triton?

The T13 for other utes at the show looked like a match for the ARB, Without weak plastic insert/surounds for lights.

Another question, Why don`t ARB make a commercial bar for the Triton? They would sell heaps.

Some of my thoughts thrown into the mix. :?:
new44

Postby jgoosen on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:52 pm

My Redback Bullbar .
Click to view larger picture

Dislikes

Head lights reflecting of chrome

Like's
Price cost 1590 Aud compared to a Arb for 2500aud
Last edited by jgoosen on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jgoosen

Postby Naff on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Ooh I like that one too.. I'm guessing we don't get it here?
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby johno on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 pm

NaffX214 wrote:The Ironman Protector bar is growing on me..Any chance of some rough prices being posted for your installs guys??

I bought mine through "Auto One" in Bega (the end of the earth!! if you get anything freighted to you) and it was $1430 delivered to them.
Installed it myself (with help from the misses!!) took us a day taking our time to get it right :roll:
Cheers Johno
"Ham and eggs... A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig."
johno

Postby al coholic on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm

new44 wrote:At the local 4x4 show recently I think I overheard TJM reps. talking about T13 steel bar for Triton, a month or two away from release.

Is this right or is there already a t13 steel bar for the Triton?

Another question, Why don`t ARB make a commercial bar for the Triton? They would sell heaps.

I'm positive there is a T13 bar for the ML triton already, might have been talking about the MN possibly. There is an ARB commercial bar aswell mate, It is the one Greedy has installed. :D
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby stufensom on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 am

Cheers for all this info guys,

Am liking the look of daryn's sahara bar, will phone the one and only ARB supplier in the country tomorrow and get some prices,

Over heating isn't really an issue in the UK, and if i manage to hit a roo i think i'll get thrown out the safari park! :shock: :lol:
stufensom

Postby subi_man on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 am

stufenson, I apologise for, and have removed some of the posts from other members, which weren't overly constructive or relevant
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby R33F on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:47 pm

I have the Iron Man Commercial Bull Bar. Fitting is great. I am happy with the product. Have very nearly had a few kangaroo's hit it - but have been lucky so far. Does the job. There is a photo in my shed - but am happy to post up close ups if anyone is interested. I don't quite remember the $ price $ as it was fitted into the package when I bought the Triton.

Cheers,
"They'll bury the pool, we'll dig it out. They fill it with water, we'll empty it. The bulldoze it, we'll rebuild it. We cannot be stopped" - Dave Ruel.
R33F

Postby stufensom on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:43 am

Got a price today for an ARB Sahara bar at £1150, which works out at $1910

Delivery in first week of May, does this sound about right or am i paying over the odds?

this is without fitting or painting
stufensom

Postby new44 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:03 pm

I think the T13 bar for the Triton is about to change slightly.

Added fog lights, not sure what else.

A bit like the T13 for the Ford Ranger.
new44

Postby new44 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Poor Skip.
new44

Postby patto on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 am

Well the ARB bar definately showed the positives on the weekend - would have loved to have seen a air flow sensative plastic front end Triton would have come out looking like.

Abercrombie rd seen my all time record on sat night - 3 Roos in 20m = 1 bent and busted number plate and driving lights bent back, quick Joey check push the lights back down on my way.

Turn into Vulcan state forest heading across to shooters hill - Thump 1 x hair (admitadely it was the front bash plate). Motoring along about 80kph up ahead in the lights i think is that 2 wombats started to brake the they stopped and turned "PIGS" brake was eased throttle applied and thump. A boar and a sow were on the deck about 60kg-70kg each.

Zero damage to the triton -
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby Kegsy on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Just read through this thread, seems a lot of focus is being put on airflow...

Whilst open air in the front grille area is a bonus, it isn't the real focal point of getting flow through your radiator.

The flow through a radiator comes through the air pressure difference between the air in front of the car and inside the engine bay. Obviously open grille space will aid in this, but the bars seem to have enough open space to keep up the airflow with the suction effect happening.
Triton be gone :cry:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Kegsy on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:40 pm

*Edit* triple post :shock:
Last edited by Kegsy on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Kegsy on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:40 pm

*edit* as above...
Last edited by Kegsy on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby new44 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 pm

If it has not already been mentioned, Aust 4x4 Action No. 150 Has a good comparo, of some bull bars.
One that surprised me was the 5 post alloy Tuff bar. A bit of an overkill (for Skip especially) but great protection.

I do not think they have a model for the Triton but for an alloy bar they are `Tuff as`

I am also keen to see a new version of the TJM T13 bar for the Triton . I think TJM will soon have one for the Triton. When they do I will go that way.

I was surprised to see them rate the TJM T13 bar for the Hilux as the same or better than the ARB deluxe bar.
new44

Postby marashkar on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:51 pm

hello all. i have a 2010 mn auto arb deluxe bull bar fitted from new so can not say what temp it ran at .using temp gauge as a guide bullbar with normal size qld number plate. bullbar with winch and same number plate. bullbar with winch and slimline number plate not one single bit of difference on the temp gauge. is also fitted with ipf rectangular spotlights so in my case nothing seems to affect the temp of the engine reguardless of what you hang on the front of it my thoughts steve
marashkar

Postby Tony on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:29 pm

marashkar wrote:hello all. i have a 2010 mn auto arb deluxe bull bar fitted from new so can not say what temp it ran at .using temp gauge as a guide bullbar with normal size qld number plate. bullbar with winch and same number plate. bullbar with winch and slimline number plate not one single bit of difference on the temp gauge. is also fitted with ipf rectangular spotlights so in my case nothing seems to affect the temp of the engine reguardless of what you hang on the front of it my thoughts steve

My only concern is restricting air flow to the intercooler when I fit a winch.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods