I opted for the dual battery setup under the bonnet. Just finished wiring it up yesterday
- Optima D34 for cranking 55Ah
- Ultimate Extreme AGM for accessories 107Ah
- RedArc 100Amp microprocessor controlled isolating solenoid
- Bridging rocker switch
- 12 circuit Narva fuse block
I've been running RedArc solenoids for over 10 years they are bullet proof never had an issue, and I spend a fair bit time out in remote locations and deserts. So to keep these expensive batteries conditioned I've installed;
- a 20Amp MPPT solar PV regulator/charger (with good quality electronics around $30-$40)
- along with 120W solar panel (integrated into the roof racks)
- Digital power meter (wired inline with the solar panel to get PV current and battery voltage readings).
This will auto trickle charge both batteries 365 days of the year and these bad boys will last 10 years along with the reliability of a RedArc isolator.
'14 Challenger, custom dyno tuned with LPG injection, MRR lift, arb bar, kaymar rear bar, warn 12k, DCS Lithium dual batteries, 120W solar panel & reg, underbody armour, airtek snorkel, 135L Aux tank, rear poly airs, F&R diff lockers