Challenger - Ultimate Suspension - CLUB COPY

Anything specific to the Mitsubishi Challenger goes here!

Challenger - Ultimate Suspension - CLUB COPY

Postby Cate03 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:40 pm

PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD IS A DUPLICATE THREAD OF ONE THAT EXISTS IN ULTIMATE'S SPONSOR'S AREA. THIS ONE HAS BEEN ADDED HERE TO MAKE REFERENCE A LITTLE EASIER BUT IF WANTING TO POST IT WOULD BE BEST TO USE THE ORIGINAL SO THAT ULTIMATE SEES WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY.

As mentioned before, late last year my Challenger had visited the workshop of Ultimate Suspension (Ingleburn Sydney) so as they could perform some R&D and test various components to develop a upgrade kit for the Challenger.

Before Xmas I finally got the suspension fitted and only now have I found some time to post comments about it.

First and foremost, Ultimate suspension and their staff were second to none. They were professional, knowledgeable and at all times I felt like a valued customer. This old fashioned service seems so rare these days.

As for the suspension, this has been the most valuable and rewarding upgrade I have done so far. The Challenger has transformed from a mediocre handling car to a fantastic handling car, far exceeding my expectations. The suspension behavior on road and off road creates great confidence in the cars ability, and likewise as a driver, I feel that the handling is predictable and very assuring.

Ultimate took a few weeks to build new shock absorbers and manufacture new rear coils to suit the vehicle. The front was the same as the Triton, so not much work needed here.

The results in terms of lift are:

Standard (before Bar and Winch)
Front 540mm
Rear 550mm

Standard (Bar and Winch)
Front 515mm
Rear 545mm

Ultimate Kit Fitted
Front 580mm
Rear 590mm

Overall from Standard shows a 40mm Lift both front and back.

As advised, I had the Ultimate guys check the rear brake hoses on full droop, they limited the shock length so as to extend but not over-extend this hose, resulting in no changes or extensions required.

As for the front there is about 10mm gap (an index finger) between the upper bump rubber and stop allowing a little more droop off road.

Click to view larger picture

(edit: Thanks Homer)

Cheers,
Carl
Last edited by Cate03 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cate03

Re: Challenger - Ultimate Suspension

Postby Homer on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks mate, great to hear your Challenger is performing how you want..and is a little higher to boot ;)

Clicky here for a good picture posting thread....

Would love to see your ride...
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby trouble on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:38 am

looks shit hot if I must say! I wish I waited to for one of these but I didnt :roll:
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Bennys on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 am

Yeah challenger would have been my choice if we didn't have the dogs. Departure angle is so much better than the Mn tri.

It's looking good lifted mate.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Bennys

Postby JamoGLXR on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:02 am

pretty much all specs are better now i look at them except overall height :| . aslo diff lock standard :(
"You'll Never Walk Alone"
JamoGLXR

Postby helicoptercow on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:48 pm

yea but the newer the car the better the specs always sound with their buzz words and fancy acranyms :lol:

but diff lock as standard is pretty awesome... unless your DiD :D

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby andyj on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:09 am

Nice job there cate so long as it does what you want it to do you should be happy...
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby MLTRIT08 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:14 am

Love the challenger, it was my fist choice car but the triton allowed me some extra money for mods.
MLTRIT08

Postby Cate03 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks Guys,

I only got the Challenger in September and only have 8500Km on it so far.
It is a great choice of vehicle in my eyes as a daily drive, weekend 4x4 and camper tug.
Haven't found a reason so far for not liking it, does everything well.
Not many of them out there (my kids love spotto) which makes it a little bit fancy (sounds like a tv ad)
With the Ultimate suspension, diff lock, chip, bar and winch, it will get most places my old '80 series got me to, and there is always the winch to skull drag me over the parts my double difflocked '80 could manage...but hey, I've done my share of rock hopping in the past, this car is supposed to be the family tourer (until I find an alternate shortcut much to my wifes amusement).

Cheers,
Carl
Cate03

Postby trouble on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Cate you need to get there and get more pics for your shed .......................oh and make me a bit more jealous :mrgreen: an dto really test that gear on it!

Have fun
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Return to Challenger Club