Challenger oem bullbar fitted correctly?

Anything specific to the Mitsubishi Challenger goes here!

Challenger oem bullbar fitted correctly?

Postby I-Dark on Thu May 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi all,

A member of my family just picked up their new Challenger, for some reason when it was delivered the oem alloy bullbar wasn't fitted so it was ordered in and fitted by the local Mitsubishi dealer. I had a look today and right at the front the bullbar is touching the bumper bar and the wheel arches on the bullbar don't line up with the wheel arches on the car.

My question is this- Is this normal or has the dealer installed it incorrectly? Anybody else with an oem alloy bullbar care to comment? I tried to find an image on google but none of them show a clear side view.

Many thanks.
I-Dark

Re: Challenger oem bullbar fitted correctly?

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu May 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Does it look like this?

Click to view larger picture

If so, then it should not be touching either the bumper bar or the wheel arch mould. There should be a gap of at leat 10mm, preferably more between the bullbar and the wheel arch mould. This is to allow movement between the chassis mounted bar and the body. Take it back and insist it be done properly.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: Challenger oem bullbar fitted correctly?

Postby Travlla on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:03 pm

Every Challenger i have seen with a factory bar is like this, i have to take ours back and get it sorted, I don't understand what the black tape on the flare is meant to achieve, besides coming off as it rubs on the bar, the bar flexing pops out the clip that hold the flare on as well, in all the factory bar and it's fitting is pretty puss ridden ,

the giant gap at the bottom is just waiting for a stick to come thru and damage the inter cooler, radiator or trans cooler,

Temp fix is some ally mesh and cable ties,
Travlla

Return to Challenger Club