My new Challenger....

Anything specific to the Mitsubishi Challenger goes here!

My new Challenger....

Postby JeepChallenger on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks for the welcome guys..... Picked up new Challenger last week 33990 drive away. Gonna build it for touring as the Jeep chews thru too much petrol.... Very impressed with the build quality......

Got EGR blank off, Provent 200, GME UHF, Tow bar, mats etc..... Still to come Bull bar, Snorkel, better tyres and a 40mm suspension upgrade.....

Cheers
ManiClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
JeepChallenger

Re: My new Challenger....

Postby mIwoo on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:38 am

Jeep- what an offered weapon.

If i was building a solid off road weapon, that would be my choice!
1130 BARRA - 850 Murray Cod - 640 Dusky - 445 Aus BASS - 585 Yellow-belly - 440 Redfin
mIwoo

Postby 4wd26 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:49 am

jeeps out on the street now :lol:

looks like you got a good price on that, including RD lock, gee they are good buying now days.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:38 am

Paddle shift too?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby JeepChallenger on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:17 pm

Yup Climate control, paddle shift, reverse camera and sensors, Rear diff lock etc etc..... Couldn't believe the price..... Drive straight from work paid the deposit and then rang the wife about what color she wants..... Jeep is great, never left me stranded but is a lot more thirsty after the mods so needed some thing more economical, comfortable, more storage but still capable enough... and happy to say the Challenger ticks all the boxes..... Jeep will do the weekend tough track duties and the Challenger will be assigned touring, towing and camping duties...
JeepChallenger

Postby JeepChallenger on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:18 pm

mIwoo wrote:Jeep- what an offered weapon.

I still love my Jeep. U r right it is a weapon. Been a jeep owner since 2003. This is my second one. It's got 2.5 inch lift, disconnecting swaybars, relocated front control arms, 33" KM2s (255*85 R16), heavy duty ball joints, chromoly front axles, double cardon front drive shaft, truetrack rear autolocker, Snorkel, bullbars front and rear, 15 litre water storage built into rear bar, rock sliders, Lights etc etc..... Love driving it. But can't afford to drive it as a daily driver...... Too heavy on the fuel.....
JeepChallenger

Postby Evil lurkes here on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Nice Challenger mate, I can't believe they go for that price!!

After modding mine with 32s and roof rack I find the economy of my auto to not be very good. HOnesly not much better than my 2008 GU Patrol. Normally around town the Challenger gets 13.5LPH and out of town it only goes down to 11.8LPH. With the camper on the number rised over 15LPH

Combining that thirst wigth only 70L of fuel tank means that even doing a backroad trip from SE QLD to Dunedoo I will be strapping a 20L jerry to the roof.

Are you looking at adding a LRT to your Challenger? I would love an LRT in the rear and I think I will seriously start to look into it. I think the spare will have to be relocated to the roof as I can't afford the $8.3 million Kaymar want for a rear bar.
Evil lurkes here

Postby JeepChallenger on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Evil lurkes here wrote:Nice Challenger mate, I can't believe they go for that price!!

After modding mine with 32s and roof rack I find the economy of my auto to not be very good. HOnesly not much better than my 2008 GU Patrol. Normally around town the Challenger gets 13.5LPH and out of town it only goes down to 11.8LPH. With the camper on the number rised over 15LPH

Combining that thirst wigth only 70L of fuel tank means that even doing a backroad trip from SE QLD to Dunedoo I will be strapping a 20L jerry to the roof.

Are you looking at adding a LRT to your Challenger? I would love an LRT in the rear and I think I will seriously start to look into it. I think the spare will have to be relocated to the roof as I can't afford the $8.3 million Kaymar want for a rear bar.

Hi Evil...

My Jeep is 16LPH in city and 13LPH on highway on petrol without the trailer add another 3-4 lph with the 1 tonne trailer..... So I will be more than happy with 12 in city and 10 on highway. I will not be doing a roof rack or bigger tyres. I will get a bar, upgrade the suspension to give me a bit better handling and durability off road and get better quality tyres than HTs... Consumption will go up for sure with the trailer but its got 2 jerry can holder so there is another 45litres of diesel for me. LRT for a Jeep is about $1700-2000. I am assuming it will be similar with the challenger. In that money I will upgrade the suspension or get better tyres as first priority and carry the Jerrys in the trailer.....

Will keep posting as the project progresses, now waiting for a few more overtime shifts to fund the next mod....

Mani
JeepChallenger

Postby Aquagen0 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Get a chip on the challenger and the fuel economy improves heaps, as long as you drive the same way. Mine had roof rack and 32s, couldn't get under 12l/100 on the freeway. Chip bought it down to high 9s. And got rid of the turbo lag which was a bonus
Aquagen0

Postby murwullambah on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Aquagen0 wrote:Get a chip on the challenger and the fuel economy improves heaps, as long as you drive the same way. Mine had roof rack and 32s, couldn't get under 12l/100 on the freeway. Chip bought it down to high 9s. And got rid of the turbo lag which was a bonus

May we ask what chip you have, sounds impressive, looking at getting one soon for my chally
170,000 klms on mine and consistently gives 11.5 l/100 around town/ everyday driving.
murwullambah

Postby Evil lurkes here on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:11 pm

Aquagen0 wrote:Get a chip on the challenger and the fuel economy improves heaps, as long as you drive the same way. Mine had roof rack and 32s, couldn't get under 12l/100 on the freeway. Chip bought it down to high 9s. And got rid of the turbo lag which was a bonus

Sorry for the hi-jack, but what chip did you put in and what if any other mods did you do?
Evil lurkes here

Postby Aquagen0 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Diesel power chip, http://diesel-power.com/de/de/Startseite-c334.php
spv Egr blank

Were my only engine mods
Aquagen0

Postby Evil lurkes here on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Aquagen0 wrote:Diesel power chip, http://diesel-power.com/de/de/Startseite-c334.php
spv Egr blank

Were my only engine mods

Is there an Australian seller?
Evil lurkes here

Postby L200Shogun on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Evil lurkes here wrote:
Aquagen0 wrote:Diesel power chip, http://diesel-power.com/de/de/Startseite-c334.php
spv Egr blank

Were my only engine mods

Is there an Australian seller?

Yes he is on a popular Facebook page.
I think (Thanks Google)
http://www.diesel-power.com.au/
L200Shogun

Postby Aquagen0 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Bought mine in Perth from turbotec I'm pretty sure. $900 odd 3 years ago
Aquagen0

Postby Jason91 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:09 pm

JeepChallenger wrote:
mIwoo wrote:Jeep- what an offered weapon.

I still love my Jeep. U r right it is a weapon. Been a jeep owner since 2003. This is my second one. It's got 2.5 inch lift, disconnecting swaybars, relocated front control arms, 33" KM2s (255*85 R16), heavy duty ball joints, chromoly front axles, double cardon front drive shaft, truetrack rear autolocker, Snorkel, bullbars front and rear, 15 litre water storage built into rear bar, rock sliders, Lights etc etc..... Love driving it. But can't afford to drive it as a daily driver...... Too heavy on the fuel.....

Heehee you say a jeep is heavy on the juice try having a Land Rover discovery as a daily drive. Damn v8's costing me 130 a week to fill out of 95 l's. Decided it's time to part ways and buy a second triton hahaha
Jason91

Postby JeepChallenger on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Just bit the bullet and ordered the EGR disable plug thingy from SPVi. Although I was a bit skeptical at first but after reading up a bit about it I decided the plug will be a much better option than the blankoff plate. Cost $142.50 direct from Tony. Gonna leave the plate installed for just in case.

Finished my tax return today as well. Just enough money for the Engel 37Ltr fridge for the car in 3 weeks time..... Lift and Bull Bar will be purchased using the Christmas bonus. Still gotta find a couple of overtime shifts to finance the snorkel......
JeepChallenger

Postby JeepChallenger on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Got Tony's adaptor today.... Fitted in under a minute.... Will check for performance tomorrow.....
JeepChallenger

Postby ultimate on Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:21 am

Edit - wrong account :oops:
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby JeepChallenger on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:31 pm

ultimate wrote:Edit - wrong account :oops:

No worries m8.... Next on the list is suspension.... So will c u by September maybe October.....
JeepChallenger

Postby JeepChallenger on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi guys,

Time for an update.

Spent the tax money adn got a companion 45 Ltr fridge Freezer on special. Next comes the dual battery system. I ordered a CTek D250s Dual DC-DC Charger today. Gonna order a 120AH AGM battery and a battery box over the weekend. So will have all the stuff by the end of next week. Next job creating false floor to secure the fridge and the battery etc properly before going to the sparky to wire it all up. Just wanted to ask if the factory cargo tie downs have a nut under the body that I can use to secure the false floor. I dont have the budget for a fridge slide or drawer system at the moment as a bull bar and suspension is on higher priority. So I will be using a 1/2" sheet of plywood covered in carpet to create the floor. Anyone who has done it before if you can pls post some pictures of how you anchored the false floor or drawers to the cab.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Mani
JeepChallenger

Postby JeepChallenger on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:41 am

Hi guys,

We hit another hurdle. ARB said they cant gurantee that their bull bars will fit a PC Chaleenger. I dont want to take a risk... If it doesnt fit I lose a lot of money. Any one with a PC Challlenger with a bulbar can you pls help.... Also opinions regarding MCC Falconbar Single hoop....

Cheers
Mani
JeepChallenger

Postby coughy on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:57 pm

yes a heap have fitted the arb bar to the pc
have a look over at the pajero forums
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/for ... y.php?f=51
that is the challenger section ask and look in there
have to register to post i think
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby JeepChallenger on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:26 am

coughy wrote:yes a heap have fitted the arb bar to the pc
have a look over at the pajero forums
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/for ... y.php?f=51
that is the challenger section ask and look in there
have to register to post i think

Thanks Coughy,

I will order one from ARB and diy fit myself. Another mate of mine who is very good with a welder is also willing to help if there is a tab to be welded here or there. Next step bite the bullet and order one.......

Mani..

Next to come a 40mm upgrade from Ultimate.....
JeepChallenger

Postby JeepChallenger on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:40 pm

Another update.....

With help from a mate created a false floor for the Challenger. Used 12mm marine ply. Used original tie down location to attach it to the car. Automotive carpet on top. Got some tie down channels from Aldi strategically attached to attach a battery box, fridge and a crate to hold the bits and pieces using some ratchet straps. Now for a trip to the sparky to attach the second battery to the main through a Ctek Dc Dc charger...
JeepChallenger

Next

Return to Challenger Club