MY22 Head Unit (AU600034) Issues

MY22 Head Unit (AU600034) Issues

Postby AndrewGLS on Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:30 pm

I just got my Triton and hadn't driven it 120km before I got the "Electricial System Service Required" message.
Seems like it's linked to this piece of junk AU600034 head unit that was swapped into the 22 Triton due to the chip shortage.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/2022-mitsub ... p-shortage
It is unusable. I think it's been in a state of failure more than it's actually operated now I'm up to 300km
The screen is very hard to view in anything more than complete darkness. Impossible in bright sun.
There are crazy display artifacts when using android auto.
It defaults back to FM every time you turn on the car.
When it stops working, so does the rear view camera.
When it stops working, the alarm sounds constantly until you stop the car, and seems to overrule the indicator sound, so you can't hear those either.

This device is not fit for purpose. I'll be going back to the dealer on saturday to get this resolved but I am pretty disappointed that this head unit has caused me so much grief in a brand new car. Super disapponted in this.
AndrewGLS

Re: mitsubishi smartphone link firmware update

Postby AndrewGLS on Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:43 pm

Thought I'd just post a follow up as I can't edit that last post.

The elecrical system service required error was not due to a fault with the head unit. It was due to the IOD fuse possibly not being connected fully. The head unit runs off this fuse and it was a symptom of the poor connection of the IOD Fuse. Apparently. The problem has not resurfaced since I re-seated this fuse and the dealer couldn't find any other issues.

It also became clear that this particular thread was about the head unit that prior to the piece of shit AU600034 so I apologise for hijacking.

I ended up putting a Kenwood DMX8520DABS in which is awesome. So glad I got that sorted. Yeah, cost me about a grand for the head unit, facia kit and assorted harneses but whatever. It had to be done.

So just wanted to clarify after my previous post.
AndrewGLS

Postby Vikingshippy2 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:00 am

Finally got a ok from my dealer confirming that my head unit is indeed faulty after 60k and they are going to replace it...I'll keep you posted how the new one goes ...

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk
Vikingshippy2

Postby puk on Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:23 am

My Radio head unit update was yesterday and it looked great on the way home last night.
started the car this morning, and the whole thing is dead. No radio, no reversing camera, just when i am about to do a 2.5 hour trip to the Brisbane airport and park it there, and the radio AND camera would have been handy.

I have had a lot of dissatisfaction with my dealership. The one guy in service simply did not seem interested in helping me.
But to be honest, he never has.....
puk

Re: MY22 Head Unit (AU600034) Issues

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:34 am

Those head units are total crap. Even after the update they are locking up and failing just like yours.

The failures are less with the updated software, but its still happening. Diercted ( the manufacturer) make a lot of electronics for the Australian market, and even their dashcams, which Mitsubishi sell are crap
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Return to Electrical