MQ Triton NUDGE BAR - terrible mounting problem

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Re: MQ Nudge bar Installation...Help

Postby Quinny on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 am

Gets a bit of a mention here:

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=18703

Sounds like the template isn't great anyway ...
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Re: MQ Triton NUDGE BAR - terrible mounting problem

Postby WUNSIE on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 pm

When I done mine, I first sussed one out at the dealership which had one fitted then on mine I cut the necessary slot out a lot neater and smaller than what was on the one at the dealer,
TIP; With the brackets Loose fitted, this enabled me to manipulate them thru the holes in the lower grill, I also removed the lower grill completely from the front bar which allowed me to do the cutting with a steady hand and a bloody sharp Stanley knife after drilling the 4 corners with a 1/8' drill bit, fitted up beaut
WUNSIE

Postby Shepv8 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:08 pm

rsv4dan wrote:Pretty shit photo, but i fitted my Bossco nudge bar today....
Looks good, fits great!
Click to view larger picture

Do you reckon you could cut the grill and install the brackets without removing the bumper?
I have a bossco one as well and Ive never taken the bumper off before. Do the guard fender attach with double sided tape or are they screwed on ?
Shepv8

Postby kdrm54 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Shepv8 wrote:
Looks good, fits great!

Do you reckon you could cut the grill and install the brackets without removing the bumper?
I have a bossco one as well and Ive never taken the bumper off before. Do the guard fender attach with double sided tape or are they screwed on ?
I have just joined this forum and thought I should say something to support everybody else who is having problems with the latest nudge bar. I bought a new car, waited 9 months for the nudge bar to appear, and it has been fitted in the same unprofessional and hideous manner that others describe. Worse still, during installation at the Mitsubishi dealership the installers scratched and chipped the paint around the mounting area. The whole process is a criminal joke. After much hassling Mitsubishi has agreed to fix the paint problem but it won't fix the awful look of the finished product with the hacked grill. I'm seriously thinking of removing the nudge bar and getting an aftermarket product as others in this forum have done. If anyone out there is considering putting one of these things on, just don't.
kdrm54

Postby WUNSIE on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:19 pm

Easy fix, just fit it yourself, one thing you have on your side is time !!!!
Every thing dealers do is time specific, do it the quickest way in the time allocated, get someone with the ability to cut the hole then let the apprentice finish the final fit up.
Doing it yourself allows you to take your time, make sure all looks good.
The hole I cut is neat has 3-4mm clearance following the bracket line, all smoothed off with no dags and not one scratch on the front bar.

Seen a NEW Mazda the other day with slim line weather shields fitted OEM from the dealer and the rear ones were fitted arsed about, the LH was on RH side ( vice versa )when I pointed it out to the new elderly owner they were totally oblivious to what the problem was :shock: Obviously someone didn't do a pre fit check.
KDRM54 you need to address the problem and get it rectified champ, out of curiosity what Dealer handled the work
WUNSIE

Postby Nick Bagus on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:59 am

Looks good, fits great!

Hey mate, I was just wondering what's required to fit the Bossco nudge bar? Their website says no drilling, could you give me an idea what's involved installing? Or did you have it done professionally?

Cheers
Nick Bagus

Postby xmanstauncher on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:32 am

The Bossco nudge bar is very easy to install, you bolt the brackets to the chassis and then bolt the nudge bar to the bracket. There are then two small brackets which bolt to the number plate mount to lower the number plate. They supply everything you need and it wouldn't take any longer than an hour for one person to have it finished. The only issue is the loss of ground clearance as the bar goes under the front bumper but if your OK with that then I would recommend Bossco.
xmanstauncher

Postby Nick Bagus on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:07 am

xmanstauncher wrote:The Bossco nudge bar is very easy to install, you bolt the brackets to the chassis and then bolt the nudge bar to the bracket. There are then two small brackets which bolt to the number plate mount to lower the number plate. They supply everything you need and it wouldn't take any longer than an hour for one person to have it finished. The only issue is the loss of ground clearance as the bar goes under the front bumper but if your OK with that then I would recommend Bossco.

Thanks for the quick response mate, much appreciated. Ground clearance for me shouldn't be an issue as i'm not a hardcore 4x4er! Looking to mount a light bar and don't have funds/necessity for a bullbar!

Cheers
Nick Bagus

Previous

Return to General Discussion