Over active MQ traction control?

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Over active MQ traction control?

Postby bucket67 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:53 am

I've had a couple of "issues" with my manual GLS with the traction control.

1. My son let out the clutch a little quick in reverse low range on a mildly slippery track and the traction control stepped in and (I believe) braked the wheels, then released, then braked again, continuously when power was applied. I took over and eased the clutch out very carefully, still got a little braking but managed to move the car. I've had no issues climbing extremely slippery rocky slopes (100mm rocks on a steep incline, car scrabbling to a halt through loss of traction, not braking). This one seems to be traction control?

2. Yesterday on a dry road, sweeping bend, about 40kmh in I think third gear I hit a small (maybe an inch high) bump on the road and lost power, looking down the ASTC light was on. After a second it all returned to normal and off I went. This one seems to be stability control?

I had an ML for 5 years, then a Pathfinder before finding my way back to tritons with the MQ and never had a car brake itself to a stop in low range before. I've seen stability control work on slippery or wet roads ( I may have been pushing it hard to see what happens :lol: ), but never a dry bumpy road.

Anyone else had this?
bucket67

Re: Over active MQ traction control?

Postby tommydadog on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:16 am

Disable ASC by holding the button till it turns off should help with those cases. Especially on loose/slippery roads will probably freak the computer out.
tommydadog

Re: Over active MQ traction control?

Postby mqjosh on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:52 pm

could have been the hill start assist mate, it works in reverse as well and is a little invasive when in 4x4 low range it seems to work sometimes even in neutral. Josh
mqjosh

Return to General Discussion