A fridge, or two?

Anything Triton 2016+ related

A fridge, or two?

Postby emdub on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:51 am

Newbie looking for some words of wisdom here. I'm currently drawing up some plans for some custom drawers as I want a second battery and a fridge in the tub of my MQ. I'm also planning on getting a camper trailer in the next 12 months - which will have a battery and fridge slide. I'm pretty new to 4WDing and I've never had a camper before so I'm unsure what works or not, but I'm planning quite a big trip for next year when I get my long service leave. I'm thinking it would be handy to have a fridge (maybe 35-40L) in the ute for touring around on weekends and day trips and a second similar sized fridge in the camper for longer trips.

Any advice regarding what's a good setup would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering how should I charge the two extra batteries? How do I keep the camper battery charged when not in use? Etc?

Cheers.
emdub

Re: A fridge, or two?

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:10 am

In the camper, a frig/freezer, say about 30-35 litres. Plus a fridge, similar size or a bit bigger. Move the frig to your ute when required for day trips.

There are a zillion ways to charge those extra batteries but solar on the camper would make sense.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: A fridge, or two?

Postby Duck on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:27 pm

The battery in the ute charges of the BCDC (a few different brands but redarc I think is the best )
Then an anderson plug on the back of the ute that connects to the camp trailer so while you are driving everything is being charged then once set up solar for the trailer.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Return to General Discussion