Roo Systems ECU Remap & Match tuned Exhaust

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Roo Systems ECU Remap & Match tuned Exhaust

Postby Monkeyz on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:10 pm

Well I have bit the bullet and have booked in for a Roo Systems ECU Remap & Match tuned 3" SS Exhaust, specifically the Towing & Touring package for my 2010 MN GLX-r Triton, Ill be posting results once I have them in a few weeks.

I would like to know if anyone else has had this done? What were your results ? Thoughts ? Opinions on the process? Once done were there any issues etc..

I'm not taking Chip & Exhaust and would like to keep the topic here specifically to ECU Remap & Exhaust...

Cheers,

Mojo..
Monkeyz

Re: Roo Systems ECU Remap & Match tuned Exhaust

Postby hvac guy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:14 pm

Whats the cost for this one ?
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby BillMcQuade on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:37 am

I would interested to hear how this goes. Where are you getting it done?
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Monkeyz on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Cost is $3140 that is for 3" SS exhaust (supplied & Fitted), ECU ReMap, dyno tune (pre and Post Remap), final tune / tweak & road test (first they do one then at pick up we go for a spin)...Total Est time 6 hours.

Im having it done at Boost Auto in Launceston Tas. http://www.boostperformance.com.au/, booked via Roo Systems..

Pat.
Monkeyz

Postby L200Shogun on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Looks like a good speed shop (well they have a website that says the right things)
L200Shogun

Postby Monkeyz on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Huston we have a problem.......

Well the story so far..

8th March I book and Pay for the Exhaust & Remap for the 18th march...

It was made very clear I had to do a 500k round trip to get this done so it all had to happen on one of 2 dates provided, the 18th March was set and agreed to.

17th March I get a call from the tuner "Boost Auto" umm no exhaust has arrived, so i call Roo Systems and they admit it was shipped on the 15th so is unlikely to arrive for friday, but they will look into options, so half way into my 250km drive to get to the Tuner shop i get a call from Roo Systems who were still looking... It wasn't until midday Friday that Roo Systems (I had to call them) admitted the exhaust was in Melbourne and had no firm ETA......So I chat to the tuners and they can install the tune and retune to suit the std exhaust but dont tow (EGT Issues, as you can see 13 runs to dial it in)....I think this over and realize here is an opportunity I can get a map of Std Triton, ECU Remap with std exhaust and ECU Remap with 3" Exhaust so why not......

All credit to Boost Auto in Launceston Tassie, Brody there was great he kept me in the loop all the way, and the guys who did the tune what an effort,I rolled into a carpark full of Tuners, heavily modified Jap Imports all over the place.......

As for Roo Systems, well so far looks to be a good product let down by poor salesmen and piss poor stock handling and dispatch.

The results and remember Im going for a Towing & Touring tune not max figures and this is the result for the interim tune with Stock Exhaust ....

Click to view larger picture

The altered tune is bloody amazing so far, on hills I had to drop to 4th im now sailing up in 5th in cruise control...
If anyone knows the Southern outlet in Launceston about halfway up I used to have to drop to 4th to finish the run well post altered tune with Std Exhaust i sailed up at 1800rpm in 5th at about 95ish Kph. I was even more stunned when the Triton accelerated from this by just mashing the peddle while still climbing the hill......

As for driving I have noticed I tend to play in the 1800 - 2500 rpm range now but the EGR's are up when push came to shove, this will be resolved with the full tune and a 3" exhaust (The Boost boys said the std exhaust was badly choking the system).. The area I live in when you drive you either go up hill or down hill and the truck now slides over this and feels effortless. The engine more growls than rattles and just pulls right from go, turbo lag is near gone and peddle mash garners a near instant response...

So all in all, very happy with the interim tune and am keen to see the full effect once the Exhaust is on and full tune is done...

Mad props to the boys at BOOST auto in Launceston 100% on customer service and for knowing their trade,,

Roo Systems appear to have a good product but it is let down by internal incompetency is my experience so far, Im put out a 500k round trip, a day off work and 2 nights accommodation, this was all ok until I found out I had to do another 500k round trip & another day off work to get the job finished with Zero so far bar a form from Roo Systems to placate a pissed off customer who just dropped 3k on their product plus travel costs. we will see what happens next as I have been given a form to fill in by Roo systems to air my complaint.

Mojo...
Monkeyz

Postby Sapient on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Good feedback Monkey, thanks for keeping us all in the loop.

Any noticeable difference in fuel usage?
Sapient
Platinum Subscriber

Postby OffRoadDave on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Sounds great Montey, good boost in numbers although I'm not sure I'd make a habit of firing up hills in fifth, you could be asking too much of 5th with that extra torque.
OffRoadDave

Postby Monkeyz on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Sapient, Fuel economy appears to be better, id put it down to using the lower rev range as im barely hitting 3000rpm....Ill know more Tuesday as my exhaust is finally here and at Boost, so im booked in to have it fitted and the final Remap done. Im very curious to see the 3 maps side by side to see what diff the exhaust actually makes.

Dave, cant argue ya point but ya know new stuff.... My brain switched off and my cave man took over. Biggest issue with hills is that where I live you are always driving up one or down one, nothing like driving on the mainland where you get long straight flat roads

Mojo... :D
Monkeyz

Postby jedfoster on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:40 am

Hey there Monkeyz, results look good! i have a 2010 GLXR and looking at doing this in west Oz, though just doing the ECU tune first. Did they quote you just for the Re-tune, if so can you flick the price? Just so i know a ball park to compare.
Looking forward to seeing the results when the new pipe is on!
Cheers mate.
jedfoster

Postby BillMcQuade on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:39 am

OffRoadDave wrote:Sounds great Montey, good boost in numbers although I'm not sure I'd make a habit of firing up hills in fifth, you could be asking too much of 5th with that extra torque.

5th gear is fine to tow with. The Triton gearbox design is different to the old-style 5 speed boxes.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby L200Shogun on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:29 am

jedfoster wrote:Hey there Monkeyz, results look good! i have a 2010 GLXR and looking at doing this in west Oz, though just doing the ECU tune first. Did they quote you just for the Re-tune, if so can you flick the price? Just so i know a ball park to compare.
Cheers mate.

West Oz = Perth.
Tunes go for $1000 to $2000.
The trick is finding a Tuner and not just a Tune reflasher.
L200Shogun

Postby explorer.dave on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 am

West Oz = Perth.

West Oz = Perth = West Oz normal tax + 30% miners tax :evil:
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Monkeyz on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:34 pm

jedfoster wrote:Hey there Monkeyz, results look good! i have a 2010 GLXR and looking at doing this in west Oz, though just doing the ECU tune first. Did they quote you just for the Re-tune, if so can you flick the price? Just so i know a ball park to compare.
Cheers mate.

Roo Systems is $1600 for just re flash an tune....BUT.... this is exactly what I have at the moment and the tuner said that I have barely 2/3rds of the tune available due to the restrictions of the stock exhaust, it took them 13 runs on the dyno to dial in the scaled back tune and there are EGT issues, the extra power causes higher EGT's in stock systems, I was advised not to tow with the current tune, on tuesday i get the full tune/remap and exhaust. I reckon im running rich as well as I am seeing puffs of black smoke at low revs and take off, Im assured this will go after Tuesday.

I am happy to listen to Boost Auto as one look at their car park said it all (a metric crap ton of heavily modified street cars).

Pat.
Monkeyz

Postby jedfoster on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Good info cheers fellas,
haha explorer.dave yeah that's it hey! Lucky i know the fella who owns Bunno Diesel n fuel injection service. I'll see if he can do me a deal. I have the Auto box which lacks a few neutons from the manual and do alot of beach work so a liddle bit more under the hood would be handy.
jedfoster

Postby Monkeyz on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Well the jury is in and all i can say is ...WAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........
I then changed undies and I still cant wipe the grin of my ugly mug.....The bloody thing pulls like a freight train, no noticible drone in the exhaust and it has a deep rumble via the exhaust note..

First though, the bolt on exhaust had to be chopped and modified to fit around my spare tyre 265/70/17..it didnt fit between the spare and the drop shackle on the suspension.

okay here is the Dyno result...
Red is what I drove in with
Pink is just the tune/remap
Green is what I left with today.. (keep in mind I didnt want a dyno queen this is a dialed back Towing & touring tune..)

Overall 32% increased in power at the wheel
so in straight line numbers this would put the Kw at approx 170 at the fly wheel...(dodgy math)

Approx 27% more torque so peak at fly wheel should be approx..500Nm ...(more dodgy math), im now gettin over 400Nm at the rear wheels.

The real win for me is the power comes on fast with little lag and with near 100% more power at 1800 rpm the mighty triton is a different beast to drive...it just keeps pulling with no noticeable plateau in power till it revs out...

Big thanks goes out to the Boost boys who did the Remap then refined the tune, these guys really do know their stuff.......
Roo Systems has a good product just let down badly by the sales & dispatch team, still no word from them on the form I was asked to submit..ill keep you posted.

Mojo... :D :D :D :D
Monkeyz

Postby snakesoup on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:15 pm

mmmm makes me want one!!!!! so what's the overall cost mate??
snakesoup

Postby Clarkalot on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Dammit Mojo! I just drooled all over my bloody phone.
Clarkalot

Postby Drewfoy32 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:07 pm

These results look like just what I'm after.

I have just been quoted by West end Diesel in Sydney for the exact same package, as they are the only provider near me offering Dyno. (MN 2.5 CRD 2010)

After lengthy discussions with Jordan from Roo Systems, my understanding is that they personally oversee the tweaking remotely from Brisbane if the Dyno results are not optimum with the base map.

This would indicate that it shouldn't matter too much who does the tune, however I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with West end Diesel specifically with remaps etc.??
Drewfoy32

Postby Monkeyz on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:19 pm

snakesoup wrote:mmmm makes me want one!!!!! so what's the overall cost mate??

All said and done, 3" Stainless Exhaust + Remap + Tune & Dyno to finesse things $3100

Add 100 bucks to modify the exhaust to fit (chop and lengthen)

mojo... :)
Monkeyz

Postby snakesoup on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:22 pm

big coin but bloody good results !
snakesoup

Postby Nav27 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:35 am

so you didn't need the manifold sent away and cleaned?
Nav27

Postby Top End Wrangler on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:11 am

Monkeyz wrote:Well the jury is in and all i can say is ...WAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........
I then changed undies and I still cant wipe the grin of my ugly mug.....The bloody thing pulls like a freight train, no noticible drone in the exhaust and it has a deep rumble via the exhaust note..

First though, the bolt on exhaust had to be chopped and modified to fit around my spare tyre 265/70/17..it didnt fit between the spare and the drop shackle on the suspension.

okay here is the Dyno result...
Red is what I drove in with
Pink is just the tune/remap
Green is what I left with today.. (keep in mind I didnt want a dyno queen this is a dialed back Towing & touring tune..)

Overall 32% increased in power at the wheel
so in straight line numbers this would put the Kw at approx 170 at the fly wheel...(dodgy math)

Approx 27% more torque so peak at fly wheel should be approx..500Nm ...(more dodgy math), im now gettin over 400Nm at the rear wheels.

The real win for me is the power comes on fast with little lag and with near 100% more power at 1800 rpm the mighty triton is a different beast to drive...it just keeps pulling with no noticeable plateau in power till it revs out...

Big thanks goes out to the Boost boys who did the Remap then refined the tune, these guys really do know their stuff.......
Roo Systems has a good product just let down badly by the sales & dispatch team, still no word from them on the form I was asked to submit..ill keep you posted.

Mojo... :D :D :D :D

Dam you Monkeyz - You just made me bite the bullet ! Booked in for 07/04 in Darwin.

Can't urgue with those numbers :D :D :D
Top End Wrangler

Postby Monkeyz on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Good luck Top End Wrangler, make sure you post ya number here once ya done, Id love to compare notes with others with the same setup..

Mojo... :o
Monkeyz

Postby Monkeyz on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:15 pm

okay 1000k update...

Well it all appears to be going well, power is way up , it drives effortlessly and even the missus likes driving it now, im changing gears a lot less and am using primarily the 1800 rpm - 2300 rpm range, feels odd not having to rev the ring outta it to get up my local hills.

Although i have noticed small (stress small) puffs of black smoke at take off and moving into second, Ill chat to the tuners Monday and see what they say.

Now for fuel, im better by around 2lt/100km possibly better, I need a few more tanks of fuel through first.

Im very much enjoying low rumble in the exhaust and the turbo blow off is just a perfect note, even had a few of the local lads turn their heads as I rolled past.

Mojo.. :D
Monkeyz

Next

Return to General Discussion