Which one do you have?
Genebaby

Re: Egr blanking plate in mq???

Postby Spaceman on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 am

The Chip Tuning EGR module
Spaceman

Postby Genebaby on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:38 am

Cool, we get our Triton tomorrow, I'll be putting the cable on as soon as we get it home.
Genebaby

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:56 am

Having read through BIGJEZ's experience, the poor bugger could have driven over 45k for the money he's spent on 'hacking' his vehicle. The only way he is going to recover 'lost economy' is to put the Tried on blocks and drive something like a little Alto' or equiv' for the next 15yrs. :(

The moral of the story here is 'Manufacturers spend millions on getting a balance between engine output, economy & durability'. We all dabble around the fringes to attempt an improvement in power or economy, usually with no significant impact. Before spending big bucks you need to make the 'business case' on whether the investment will show a return in a realistic time frame. If you regularly turn over vehicles every three to five years, its probably not worth doing any mods involving fuel economy - better to run suitable tyre pressures and not load up with dead weight.

Re the egr blanking; its reassuring to know that nothing is getting into the engine via that path. Electronic deactivation of the EGR is also necessary, as it will prevent the EGR motor from wearing out - saving repair costs in future.

Blanking the EGR may result in slightly less fuel economy as engines may seem more 'lively' and I, as probably others, tend to drive using up this extra go. :lol:
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby koshari on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:28 am

quickly had a scan through this thread for "reminiscence" reasons, good to see that the hysteria hasn’t disappeared.

FWIW i still have my tight-as mod in my MN running effectly now elapsing over 330,000kms.

the audacity of people to question a product they buy? ( that was sarcasm btw)
koshari

Postby snippi on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:38 pm

murwullambah wrote:Update on the full blank plate, had check engine light a couple of times no limp of different running, cleared code and stayed off for the moment, anybody know what the electronic version does different than a full blank?

Greytriton im thinking about doing the same thing but dont have anyrhing to clear the codes with. Do you reckon it would be ok to run it for a loong time without clearing code ? Does the light go off on its own as well?
snippi

Postby snippi on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Spaceman wrote:I have had the Chip Tuning EGR module installed for nearly 12 months and 15500 kilometres and I have had no issues or problems at all. The oil stays and better economy

Hey mate do you still have the dpf on it? Im just wondering if having the egr disabled makes the dpf do less burns
snippi

Postby Spaceman on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 am

I have now done 28,000 kays with the EGR module fitted with no issues or problems to report. Yes, I still have a DPF and wont be removing it. I have never had the DPF light on or fault code and the oil level has never risen. I have never noticed a regen
Spaceman

Postby Spaceman on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:25 am

I forgot to add, I also run a Catch Can. If I'm carrying a heavy load or pulling a trailer I do take the EGR module off. Due to the off chance there may be a slight reduction in turbo boost but when i'm done it goes straight back on.
Spaceman

Postby Spaceman on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:54 pm

Today i decided removed my EGR module from my MQ due to a bloke at work had his insurance claim regected after they found his EGR module saying the vehicle was not roadworthy. My module has been fitted for 60k and 4 year without any issue. I have ran the module and a catch can since new. I decided to install a plate with a hole (8mm) to stop some of the EGR mess. I removed the pipe from the EGR to the inlet to install the plate. To find a lot of carbon in the pipe. I checked with a scan tool with the module fitted and was showing 0%, with the module removed showed EGR%. I thought this the very strange and there was some goopie mess in the inlet below the EGR pipe. I removed the intercooler pipe at the throttle body the there was a small amount of oil at the base of the throttle body, i regularly drain the catch can and clean the filter. It as if there has been EGR gases getting past the vavle when its been closed
Spaceman

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Even with the EGR defeat device in place the EGR valve must open. It uses the EGR valve to control boost pressure and also stop the engine
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby HopeWoods on Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:48 pm

BIGJEZ wrote:Hi guys the week before last i went up to sydney to have my brand new mq triton worked on by what i thought was a reputable company in Castle Hill. I had the EGR and DPf deleted by this individual and they physically removed my dpf.. i had the work done because i wanted to further improve my fuel economy of my vehicle. The company that i choose promised that better fuel economy was a direct result of this remap. On the way home to melbourne all fwy driving and in 6th gear for the mkst part i noticed the vehicle was using substantialy more fuel. When i got home i contact the company who did the work and he told me i need to do a serious test. 943kms isnt a serious test? Told me not to trust the numbers provided by the trip computer.. to which i responded that i didnt. I used good old fashioned maths.. so i took my vehicle to a trusted local deisel shop in Thomastown to investigate and they found the AFRs were ridiculous.. so myself and the shop tried to contact the company all last week to get assistance and recieved no reply by phone or email. Mind you my car has now been off the road for a week at the shop. The company that did the work have finally contacted me because i said i want a refund as per there webpage and he is refusing.. im seriously peeved... if you are looking for an MQ Triton EGR Delete solution Stay away from the guy in Castle Hill NSW.. he is a shonk!!! He didnt even do a before or after dyno to confirm his tuning...

Sorry but removing the EGR and DPF is highly illegal, ie "shonky"

What did you expect?
HopeWoods

Postby Sickd on Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:01 pm

Hi I’ve got a 21 mr triton and I put a chiptune egr cable on my car back in 2021 one of the first things I done, I recently thought I would check the intake with inspection camera and it is all thick carbines up, so I recorded a 15 minute drive with the car already warmed up from an hour driving prior and here is the graph by what I can see the egr is open at least 50% or more all the time with short burst of closed, that seems like it’s doing nothing at all and the egr is just operating as normal?

Click to view larger picture
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image link
Sickd

Postby Sickd on Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:03 pm

Red is boost
Green is egr
Blue is speed
Sickd

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:00 am

Yes, that looks pretty much as though that module isn't working.

Assuming that installation is correct I'd be contacting Chiptune about a refund and the cost of an intake clean.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Previous

Return to General Discussion