Egr blanking plate in mq???

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Re: Egr blanking plate in mq???

Postby ls2cruiser on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:22 am

chops77, is that 100,000+kms or 100+Kms?
ls2cruiser

Postby chops77 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:36 am

100kms, car has only 1700ks on it
chops77

Postby BIGJEZ on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi guys the week before last i went up to sydney to have my brand new mq triton worked on by what i thought was a reputable company in Castle Hill. I had the EGR and DPf deleted by this individual and they physically removed my dpf.. i had the work done because i wanted to further improve my fuel economy of my vehicle. The company that i choose promised that better fuel economy was a direct result of this remap. On the way home to melbourne all fwy driving and in 6th gear for the mkst part i noticed the vehicle was using substantialy more fuel. When i got home i contact the company who did the work and he told me i need to do a serious test. 943kms isnt a serious test? Told me not to trust the numbers provided by the trip computer.. to which i responded that i didnt. I used good old fashioned maths.. so i took my vehicle to a trusted local deisel shop in Thomastown to investigate and they found the AFRs were ridiculous.. so myself and the shop tried to contact the company all last week to get assistance and recieved no reply by phone or email. Mind you my car has now been off the road for a week at the shop. The company that did the work have finally contacted me because i said i want a refund as per there webpage and he is refusing.. im seriously peeved... if you are looking for an MQ Triton EGR Delete solution Stay away from the guy in Castle Hill NSW.. he is a shonk!!! He didnt even do a before or after dyno to confirm his tuning...
Last edited by BIGJEZ on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIGJEZ

Postby ls2cruiser on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Thanks chops. May as well name them Bigjez.
ls2cruiser

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:32 pm

ls2cruiser wrote:May as well name them Bigjez.

Nope.

Item 1 in the Forum Rules includes:
If you have a problem with a particular company DO NOT post it up on the forum at all. This is easily construed as slander and bears legal issues. There are always two sides to every story and without the other persons view it is not fair to post your issues.

Ok to talk about his experience but naming and shaming is not an option.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Ray57MQ on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:35 am

NowForThe5th wrote:
ls2cruiser wrote:May as well name them Bigjez.

Nope.

Item 1 in the Forum Rules includes:
If you have a problem with a particular company DO NOT post it up on the forum at all. This is easily construed as slander and bears legal issues. There are always two sides to every story and without the other persons view it is not fair to post your issues.

Ok to talk about his experience but naming and shaming is not an option.

Chris, for future reference...
Would using the forums PM to discuss matters like this still cause a possible legal issue for the forum ?
If so, then assume to PM an external email/contact number for discussion is the obvious solution ?
Cheers, Ray
Don’t take life so seriously, it isn’t permanent
Ray57MQ

Postby BIGJEZ on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:40 am

Im not going to name him on here. But i will happily post what the repair company found he did and a copy of a dyno of his work taken by the repair company and a copy of the dyno after the repair company fixed all his errors. I can do this as soon as i get my car back which is still funnily enough BEING REPAIRED!!!!! :evil:
BIGJEZ

Postby ls2cruiser on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Dont blame you for being pissed off. I have something from them on my triton . Not good.
ls2cruiser

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Ray57MQ wrote:Chris, for future reference...
Would using the forums PM to discuss matters like this still cause a possible legal issue for the forum ?
If so, then assume to PM an external email/contact number for discussion is the obvious solution ?

No problem with using the PM system to discuss anything you like, so long as it isn't illegal. Private Messages are exactly that, private. Where the Forum is open to liability is in the situation where its Admins or Moderators have control over content and allow a post that may cause damage to a supplier's business in a situation where the person making the post doesn't understand or ignores the other side of the story and the supplier, not being a member of the Forum doesn't have the opportunity to reply.

The legal eagles among us can probably explain it better, but slander or libel assumes an audience that is, to some extent at least, public. A one to one conversation, whether spoken or written, doesn't count, since the loss of one customer isn't considerable. An exception may apply if someone convinces a major customer of that supplier to withdraw his business and it is subsequently found that the person was (intentionally) lying.

It's all very complex, but suffice to say that PMs are generally fine.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Ray57MQ on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:12 pm

thanks for the rundown on this Chris. Cheers
Last edited by Ray57MQ on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t take life so seriously, it isn’t permanent
Ray57MQ

Postby BIGJEZ on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:37 pm

So here is the rundown exactly. The guy who i paid to do the job in castle hill nswcharged me $2200 to basically stuff my car up.. i have been given my car back this evening by turbo engineering in thomastown vic. They have done a fantastic job but it has cost me. The costs for the repair so far is $2831.70 it needs to go back in to them next week to have a brand new DPF fitted which is going to cost a further $2000. Why because the guy in nsw cut the old one open and gutted it. Running total on costs to achieve exactly zero in economy or performance courtesy of mr. Castle hill?? $7000. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
BIGJEZ

Postby YTO on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Spaceman wrote:I have now set the scangauge to read EGR %.

How do you set scangauge to read EGR %?

Just received it today. If anyone want to buy one ebay has 20% off offer, finish on 30/8 I think.
YTO

Postby Spaceman on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:50 pm

TXD 07E0012C
RXF 0441052C0000
RXD 2808
MTH 006400FF0000
NAME ERG
Spaceman

Postby YTO on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Thanks spaceman.
YTO

Postby ls2cruiser on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 pm

the gismo that never arrives lol
ls2cruiser

Postby Spaceman on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Does anyone know is the Tony mod coming or is it dead in the water
Spaceman

Postby ls2cruiser on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:50 pm

That is what I was intimating. lol
ls2cruiser

Postby Spaceman on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:48 pm

I have had the Chip Tuning EGR module installed for nearly 12 months and 15500 kilometres and I have had no issues or problems at all. The oil stays and better economy
Spaceman

Postby Sky Miner on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:56 pm

Took my full plate out a few weeks ago n went with the EGR module as well, so far so good not clearing codes anymore and showing better fuel economy but yet to be determined ;)
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby andelect on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:30 am

I wonder about the "fuel economy" being better. On my initial trials with electronic blocker, the vehicles L/100km gauge showed a minor improvement and I too thought better economy.
Actual km/fuel tank recordings and calculation over a fair amount to time showed no real difference for me. I've had it on for some time, and also off for some time once I fitted oil catchment device.

I wonder if the ECU is effected and calculating fuel reading by fitting this device.

And can testament with my scangauge GreyTritons readings showing a reduction in boost, and yes can feel a minor loss in power.
I've actually put the electronic blocker back on purely for city driving, to ensure no oil gets into the manifold, and remove it for travelling/towing and loading up the beast for full boost pressure.

I had a look at my breather lines after fitting the oil catchment things, and yes, some oil definitely still gets past the filter. I would say this particular oil catchment device I fitting, which has 2x stainless steel mesh filters, isn't a 100% filter device, but does prevent some getting through. The device is made locally at Edwardstown in Adelaide, nicely manufactured in aluminium, don't have to change or buy filters.
andelect

Postby gartam on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:20 pm

There is also talk of these electronic EGR delete cables causing engine damage. There has been a few stuffed engines and warranty was denied as the can see through the mutt 3 if one has been used.
gartam

Postby Spaceman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:47 pm

I have not heard of EGR modules causing engine damage and unsure how this could happen.
Spaceman

Postby Genebaby on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:53 pm

No updates on this issue?

I bought the Munji cable as I hadn't heard of any others until now, and I plan to fit it on our new Triton very soon.

There are happy testimonials on the Munji site for the cable on the Triton, and only two tests on here, did anybody else track the differences live?

I don't have the equipment, I just want the best for our vehicle and pumping exhaust back into the engine is the craziest idea, you just would't do it unless you HAD to. Emissions hey?

Imagine telling an engine builder 30 years ago you want to pump the exhaust back through, with warranty please? He'd have had a fit, lol.
Genebaby

Postby L200Shogun on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:07 pm

Elsewhere on the net mixed reviews on those cables. Some remove them.
L200Shogun

Postby Genebaby on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:06 pm

I'll try with the cable, as I sure don't want the EGR doing it's dirty work in my engine.
Genebaby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion