Egr blanking plate in mq???

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Re: Egr blanking plate in mq???

Postby Greytriton on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:02 pm

I'll be full blanking no hole. So shall report the results.

Picking up a new MQ Exceed tomorrow.
Greytriton

Postby Machine48 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Cool look forward to hearing the result.
Machine48

Postby Machine48 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:29 pm

fitted; no codes. Happy.
Machine48

Postby andelect on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:29 am

Machine48: Are you able to comment on how this has effected throttle response/turbo lag/economy and maybe just general feel?
I fitted one yesterday and my immediate impression was a fraction less turbo lag and therefore a very slight quicker take up of acceleration, and a bit more grunt using my usual throttle response. I'll see how economy goes over the next tank of fuel.
When I loosened the pipe to fit the blanking plate (with hole), I noted oily soot deposits on the gasket seal when removed/placed back while fitting the plate.
No codes showing errors.
andelect

Postby Tasc4life on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:52 am

Is anyone able to put up some pics/instructions of where they fitted the blanking plate, want to make sure it's the right and all I seem to find are MN images. Have had a search around but can't seem to find any pics!

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Tasc4life

Postby murwullambah on Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Not sure if its just me but seem to notice slightly more engine vibration/harshness under acceleration since fitting the blank, might take it out again and see if i notice any difference, anyone else noticed this?
murwullambah

Postby murwullambah on Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:33 pm

Greytriton wrote:I'll be full blanking no hole. So shall report the results.

Any results of blank plate with no hole yet, i have just removed my blank with hole to run as experiment, the amount of crap soot on it after only 2000 klms is incredible, might have to try blank with no hole anyone else tried it yet.
murwullambah

Postby WUNSIE on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Tasc4life wrote:Is anyone able to put up some pics/instructions of where they fitted the blanking plate, want to make sure it's the right and all I seem to find are MN images. Have had a search around but can't seem to find any pics!

Cheers

2nd that Tasc4life 8-)
WUNSIE

Postby Machine48 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:13 pm

murwullambah wrote:
Greytriton wrote:I'll be full blanking no hole. So shall report the results.

Any results of blank plate with no hole yet, i have just removed my blank with hole to run as experiment, the amount of crap soot on it after only 2000 klms is incredible, might have to try blank with no hole anyone else tried it yet.

That would be great If you could and report back. I would prefer no hole either.
Machine48

Postby Machine48 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:15 pm

andelect wrote:Machine48: Are you able to comment on how this has effected throttle response/turbo lag/economy and maybe just general feel?
I fitted one yesterday and my immediate impression was a fraction less turbo lag and therefore a very slight quicker take up of acceleration, and a bit more grunt using my usual throttle response. I'll see how economy goes over the next tank of fuel.
When I loosened the pipe to fit the blanking plate (with hole), I noted oily soot deposits on the gasket seal when removed/placed back while fitting the plate.
No codes showing errors.

Good to hear. I also thought it had a tad less lag and was a tiny bit quicker, but thought it could well be a placebo :D

I have done like 5km's since fitting it so no comment on economy.
Machine48

Postby Greytriton on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:10 am

I've been interstate this week. I'll try to do some pictures and a report tonight.
Greytriton

Postby Machine48 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:56 am

Greytriton wrote:I've been interstate this week. I'll try to do some pictures and a report tonight.

Thanks. Particularly interested if any codes came up with full blank.
Machine48

Postby Greytriton on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Completed the full blank of the EGR today. All appears ok and no codes currently. I'm going on a big drive tonight and will report if there are any issues. On my initial test run all looks good. The Truck has a total of 200kms on it now.

Click to view larger picture

Greytriton

Postby Tasc4life on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Greytriton wrote:Completed the full blank of the EGR today. All appears ok and no codes currently. I'm going on a big drive tonight and will report if there are any issues. On my initial test run all looks good. The Truck has a total of 200kms on it now.

Good stuff! Cheers for throwing some pics up

Im about to fit one with a hole, but interested to see how the full blank goes!

Tasc4life

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Machine48 wrote:
Greytriton wrote:I've been interstate this week. I'll try to do some pictures and a report tonight.

Thanks. Particularly interested if any codes came up with full blank.

Also when the 2 bolts holding the EGR pipe on are removed does the original gasket just slip out and the blanking plate slide back in or can the pipe be lifted up slightly to allow installation and removal
WUNSIE

Postby Greytriton on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:11 pm

I undid completely the two bolts and just loosen the other 2. The blanking plate can then just slip in.
Greytriton

Postby YJM Alex on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:15 am

No issue at all with the full block so far.
YJM Alex

Postby Tasc4life on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:43 am

I fitted a blank this morning with the hole. Removed the EGR valve pipe to have a look at the damage after 30,000km.

Took a few pics. There's a fair bit built up in there!

Went for a drive, no codes or issues to report..

Can someone shed some light for me (not really mechanically minded).

In the parts diagram of the EGR system. Which end of the system is the inlet? In the pic, this is where I have installed blank (based on above installations)

Is this where it starts??

Tasc4life

Postby murwullambah on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:43 pm

I think the crud starts at the other end marked 11, most people put it where you have because of ease, i have often wondered what happens to the egr valve as it is still receiving all the crap so it must get all gunged up. So i think it would be better to blank at the exhaust end to stop it entering the egr system at all.
murwullambah

Postby Machine48 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:48 pm

murwullambah wrote:I think the crud starts at the other end marked 11, most people put it where you have because of ease, i have often wondered what happens to the egr valve as it is still receiving all the crap so it must get all gunged up. So i think it would be better to blank at the exhaust end to stop it entering the egr system at all.

Arghhh that's where I put it initially and then thought i must have it wrong due to the pic above and changed it today.

:/
Machine48

Postby Greytriton on Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Even if blanked at the convienient location I don't think it will gunk up the EGR valve as there is no flow. With it blanked it simply won't flow through the EGR valve. There is no circulation.
Greytriton

Postby Greytriton on Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Even if blanked at the convienient location I don't think it will gunk up the EGR valve as there is no flow. With it blanked it simply won't flow through the EGR valve. There is no circulation.
Greytriton

Postby Machine48 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Greytriton wrote:Even if blanked at the convienient location I don't think it will gunk up the EGR valve as there is no flow. With it blanked it simply won't flow through the EGR valve. There is no circulation.

A full blank yeah; one with hole (like mine) :(
Machine48

Postby murwullambah on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Ok swapped to blank with no hole and after a few klms got engine check light, code PO401 insuficient egr flow, anybody else get this?
murwullambah

Postby explorer.dave on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:20 pm

None of my concern because I have an MN with plug'n'play mod, but, l reckon some of you should go back to page 1 of this thread and read the 2nd and 11th post ;)
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion