Egr blanking plate in mq???

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Re: Egr blanking plate in mq???

Postby murwullambah on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:08 am

Tony wrote:Plugs are no problem.

MQ not quite same as others and I would give word of caution with DPF and EGR warm up etc. Also, some vehicles use sensors in same area for smart charge system.

SPVi have been through our own development on this model and we do have plug and play solution but due to our current work load, they have not been officially released.

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

Tony, could i ask can you see any issue with a full blank plate, apart from the odd check engine light while we wait for the plug and play module to be available.
murwullambah

Postby YJM Alex on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Just bought one...

Ill be testing it with the multi-meter on arrival.

We will see if its a a glorified ET mod resistor

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-T ... 2116a816aa
YJM Alex

Postby murwullambah on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:22 pm

YJM Alex wrote:Just bought one...

Nice one mate keep us posted.
murwullambah

Postby BillMcQuade on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:04 pm

Essentially, all of the ET mod versions are just introducing a resistance of "x" value into the circuit. The only concern is that "x" sometimes needs to be "x+1" (for example) to be spot on. To avoid issues, the manufacturer uses "2-x+2" to try and cover all vehicles.

It would be better if they use a trimmer, so that you can plug in your scanner, and set the resistance to suit your individual car, but as long as the resistance value is a reasonable compromise, it will be OK for most vehicles in most conditions.

It will be interesting to see what measurements you get.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby L200Shogun on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:20 pm

L200Shogun

Postby Josephcullen on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:31 pm

I read that a few days ago, but they still haven't released it yet by the looks of it... I wonder how far off until release?????
Josephcullen

Postby Tony on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:56 pm

They have released EGR off and DPF off ECU remap for MQ. (Can be organised through SPV Industries)

The plug and play version (EGR only) is sourced from SPV Industries, however not officially released yet but they do exist. ;)
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Josephcullen on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Tony wrote:They have released EGR off and DPF off ECU remap for MQ. (Can be organised through SPV Industries)

The plug and play version (EGR only) is sourced from SPV Industries, however not officially released yet but they do exist. ;)

Thanks Tony, will jump on to SPV industries now and see what I can organise!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Josephcullen

Postby YJM Alex on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Chip Tuning look like they know their stuff
YJM Alex

Postby trtkjd1 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:30 am

has anyone else just disconected the vacume hose to the MQ triton EGR valve. Thought i would try this morning and suffer the consequences . Noted more power and better throttle responce with much improvement in fuel economy. so far in no fault lights . in 40km of sometimes very hard acceleration. Hope the fault light stays off. if fault lights stay off plan on cutting vac hose in middle and double blanking hose then refitting protective sleeve so its not visible at service. Slowly but surely after ecu remap and now egr blank getting economy figures more in line with my expectations. Arround town before 11.5 to 13 now after egr disconect had 10 . which i,m happy with. now down to 10.5 to 11 at 110. verses the 12 - 13 previously.
trtkjd1

Postby murwullambah on Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:21 pm

trtkjd1 wrote:has anyone else just disconected the vacume hose to the MQ triton EGR valve. Thought i would try this morning and suffer the consequences . Noted more power and better throttle responce with much improvement in fuel economy. so far in no fault lights . in 40km of sometimes very hard acceleration. Hope the fault light stays off. if fault lights stay off plan on cutting vac hose in middle and double blanking hose then refitting protective sleeve so its not visible at service. Slowly but surely after ecu remap and now egr blank getting economy figures more in line with my expectations. Arround town before 11.5 to 13 now after egr disconect had 10 . which i,m happy with. now down to 10.5 to 11 at 110. verses the 12 - 13 previously.

I didnt think it was that simple on the newer engines, ecu controled EGR, in regards to fuel consumption they seem a bit off, i get a regular 8.5 l/100 in mixed driving standard engine with egr block.
murwullambah

Postby trtkjd1 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:27 pm

murwullambah wrote:
trtkjd1 wrote:has anyone else just disconected the vacume hose to the MQ triton EGR valve. Thought i would try this morning and suffer the consequences . Noted more power and better throttle responce with much improvement in fuel economy. so far in no fault lights . in 40km of sometimes very hard acceleration. Hope the fault light stays off. if fault lights stay off plan on cutting vac hose in middle and double blanking hose then refitting protective sleeve so its not visible at service. Slowly but surely after ecu remap and now egr blank getting economy figures more in line with my expectations. Arround town before 11.5 to 13 now after egr disconect had 10 . which i,m happy with. now down to 10.5 to 11 at 110. verses the 12 - 13 previously.

I didnt think it was that simple on the newer engines, ecu controled EGR, in regards to fuel consumption they seem a bit off, i get a regular 8.5 l/100 in mixed driving standard engine with egr block.[/quote.

Still no fault lights but power is definately up and fuel economy definately better. Mine occasionally used to give what was a loud bang from around the egr under heavy acceleration after idling for a couple of minutes.
trtkjd1

Postby Greytriton on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:48 pm

I may have to try this......

Anyone else given it a go yet?

Pictures?
Greytriton

Postby Greytriton on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:50 pm

murwullambah wrote:

Still waiting on its arrival, The seller said there was a delay until 1st November because apparently someone shared the links online and they sold 100 units in 2 days....
Greytriton

Postby andelect on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Greytriton wrote:
murwullambah wrote:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-Triton-Pajero-2016-2017-Egr-Blanking-Module-2-4-engine-/142114035370?hash=item2116a816aa">http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-T ... 2116a816aa</a><!-- m -->

Still waiting on its arrival, The seller said there was a delay until 1st November because apparently someone shared the links online and they sold 100 units in 2 days....
I purchased shortly after the link went up. Sorry for your delay.
Removed Blank plate (with hole) and installed Crisp electronic cable addition.
Results - virtually same as EGR plate. Turbo lag reduction(slight), increased power (slight) for same throttle control. It is noticeable, just as the EGR plate is.
Economy appears at this stage to be about .75 to 1 Litre / per 100Km less than before blanking or Crips install.
No issues as yet.
I am shortly to undertake first year service, and will ask if there is a ECU update to install. (will remove Crisp EGR cable for service).
When I removed the EGR blocker, which was in only for 300Kms, the soot film over the blocker just shows how much crap goes back into the manifold. It wasn't much, but covered the entire surface, but for such a short period of Km's, just shows why this is a huge issue to putting crap back into the manifold.
Such an issue with soot buildups should be a required schedule maintenance by Mitsubishi.
andelect

Postby murwullambah on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:13 pm

So the crisp egr mod does basically the same as a full blank plate but without the check engine light
murwullambah

Postby BillMcQuade on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:38 am

I thought the EGR was a stepper motor, and controlled electronically?

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trtkjd1 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:01 pm

It's still has a Vacume on top which when disconnected appears to shut egr down
trtkjd1

Postby BillMcQuade on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:14 pm

trtkjd1 wrote:It's still has a Vacume on top which when disconnected appears to shut egr down

Interesting. Can you confirm the EGR is closed with your ScanGauge (or other scan tool)?

Also, did they turn off the EGR during the remap, you might be looking at a problem that was fixed for you :D

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trtkjd1 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:03 pm

No scanguage yet and presume electronic part still trying to do its job so may still show open.
trtkjd1

Postby trtkjd1 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:07 pm

No scanguage yet and presume electronic part still trying to do its job so may still show open.
Didn't, notice any real change after remap but instant change after egr Vacume disconnect.may on weekend connect my bad pump up to it and see if I can hear it open and shut
trtkjd1

Postby trtkjd1 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Vac pump I hate auto spell
trtkjd1

Postby murwullambah on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:37 am

Tried it and Ultraguage still shows it working, also no noticable difference for me so put it back
murwullambah

Postby trtkjd1 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:31 pm

definately seemed to make a difference in mine. even changed it all back , then retried. Made a blanking plate and tried that as well but with 8 mm hole. . So if not connected directly to the stepper motor. what does the vacume part open or block off. . i can find no info on the net or schematics. as to what the vacume part does do. I presumed it was connected to a temp sender that only opened when correct running temp was acheived.
trtkjd1

Postby andelect on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Go here.
http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/l200_v/on ... tmWorkshop man

Scroll down index section (on left pane) to emission control, expand and there it is, a section on EGR including vacuum diagram and other diagrams.
A little bit out of my field, but perhaps we have a guru on the forums?.

Below is quote from EGR overview from above online manual.

" The electronically controlled EGR system consists of an EGR valve, engine-ECU and sensors.
The EGR valve aims at reducing the amount of NOx (nitric oxide) discharge that increases with the rise in the exhaust gas temperature. Also, the EGR cooler bypass system is employed. By blocking the exhaust gas flow not to pass through the EGR cooler at the engine cold state, HC (hydrocarbon) emissions are reduced. Thus, the engine-ECU optimally controls the exhaust gas temperature in accordance with the operating conditions of the engine.
To further improve the exhaust gas reduction performance, the system provides the engine-ECU feedback on the EGR valve opening. Thus, it effects EGR control to optimize the operating conditions of the engine "

EDIT: copied and pasted the online page, but the above link brings up an error page, but go to the link "go to main page", and there down left pane is SUV/L200, and then on right side pane is the tools icon. Just have to get the web page to translate or choose english.
Good luck
andelect

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion