MQ Seatbelt alarm

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Re: MQ Seatbelt alarm

Postby aquagen on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:23 pm

White plug. Only the white plug. Don't touch the yellow plug.

My bad, posted from memory while half asleep
aquagen

Postby striker99 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:46 pm

I disconnected the white plug on mine, disabled the alarm straight away.
striker99

Postby JBH23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:24 am

In regards to the airbag light a few posts back.. the light being on doesn't necessarily mean the airbag system is disabled. The error code that would have been stored would have gone to history code, meaning the issue was experienced (plug disconnected - open circuit) but is now ok. If you left it disconnected, went for a drive and had an accident you may be in trouble. Most vehicles will clear the light after a few parameters have been met (key cycle with no errors x amount of times or engine running x amount of minutes with no errors for example).

Take it to a dealer and ask them to clear the code. Just tell them it became disconnected when you were vacuuming or something. If they charged you, it wouldn't (shouldn't) be much.

Not sure if its all cars these days, but certainly every vehicle I've come across.. yellow plugs relate to the SRS system.
JBH23

Postby josho86 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:35 pm

hi everyone,

is it the same process for the back seats ? when i go on my big camping trips, i have allot of gear laying on back seats which causes the alarm to go on sometimes :evil:
josho86

Postby Tasc4life on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:21 pm

JBH23 wrote:In regards to the airbag light a few posts back.. the light being on doesn't necessarily mean the airbag system is disabled. The error code that would have been stored would have gone to history code, meaning the issue was experienced (plug disconnected - open circuit) but is now ok. If you left it disconnected, went for a drive and had an accident you may be in trouble. Most vehicles will clear the light after a few parameters have been met (key cycle with no errors x amount of times or engine running x amount of minutes with no errors for example).

Take it to a dealer and ask them to clear the code. Just tell them it became disconnected when you were vacuuming or something. If they charged you, it wouldn't (shouldn't) be much.

Not sure if its all cars these days, but certainly every vehicle I've come across.. yellow plugs relate to the SRS system.

They reset my airbag code during the 30,000km service. I borrowed your vacuum line ;) lol.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Tasc4life

Previous

Return to General Discussion