Recommended parking sensors?

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Recommended parking sensors?

Postby Donuts14 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:27 pm

Hey guys,

Just bought a new MY17 Triton GLX+ (that reminds me I should add a photo on here asap).

Anyway my first few purchases will probably be one of those SupaFit seat covers and it will get dirty from work otherwise.

I also wanted to add some parking sensors to the ute as well. Even though I have a reversing camera I actually prefer listening to sensors and as this is my first big vehicle I want something in the front to help me not bump into things.

What are some high quality sensors you guys can recommend? Price isn't really an issue but don't really want to spend over $100 for each honestly, depends on what's worth it really.

Thanks!
Donuts14

Re: Recommended parking sensors?

Postby BillMcQuade on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:47 am

I bought a cheap set from China. Cost less than $15 delivered. Still going strong after nearly 4 years. Even came with a little holesaw to cut the sensor holes :lol:
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:49 am

I haven't had such a good run with the cheap sets, especially those that have the silicon rubber protrusions to hold the sensor in the plastic bar. Those ones nearly always work their way out. The ones with the steel spring type clips are much better.

I also stay away from sets that have flashy display modules - the ones with just a beeper are more reliable.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby BillMcQuade on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:33 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:I haven't had such a good run with the cheap sets, especially those that have the silicon rubber protrusions to hold the sensor in the plastic bar. Those ones nearly always work their way out. The ones with the steel spring type clips are much better.

I also stay away from sets that have flashy display modules - the ones with just a beeper are more reliable.

Mine has the steel clips, and just the beeper. I sealed the unit with Sikaflex, and mounted it up behind the L/H tail-light. Has had a couple of drownings, but still works fine.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Return to General Discussion