Permagard paint and interior.protection

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Permagard paint and interior.protection

Postby davo94 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Just got off the phone from the dealer who I've ordered my triton from and they're trying to flog me a product called permagard.

Aparently is a baked on paint sealant approved my mercedes and they also do a product for the interior best described as scotchgard on steroids.

They want 1400 for exterior and 1500 for interior and exterior.

Has anyone had the product applied and if so what are your thoughts
My17 GLS Manual. Impulse Blue
davo94

Re: Permagard paint and interior.protection

Postby tomdej on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:13 pm

I wouldn't do it. If/when you experience a problem with the paint Mitsubishi will blame the pain 'protection' company, and they in turn will blame Mitsubishi, with you having to pay to fix it.

Save your money, and put it towards your extensive list of other mods.
tomdej
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:29 pm

sounds great in theory.... but No save your coin 8-)
mad992

Postby explorer.dave on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 pm

I have had this done to my last two Mitsubishi's, as above, NO, save your money.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Merts on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Buy some neoprene seat covers and some decent polymer wax. Will cost you $300 instead of $3000.
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:01 pm

I just think how thin any stuff added to paint must be compared to the paint.

Wash and wax regularly, gets rid of the contaminants & puts on a fresh seal to to protect.

All these 'add-ons' are ways to fatten their commission while you end up paying more to the finance mob. :lol:

Rem: The vehicle buyer gets up every morning to go to work so that the car sales guy gets to enjoy the doughnuts and annual dealer function interstate or overseas for selling all those add-ons.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:47 am

Hmmmm. $1400 for a Triton. How much do you think they're charging for a 747?

Don't do it.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby davo94 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks guys for the feedback
My17 GLS Manual. Impulse Blue
davo94

Postby WUNSIE on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:29 pm

On the subject, from memory when I bought a new Hilux 10 years ago, on hand over when they sit you down and rave on about all the protection options available, when you receive paint protection unless YOU not them, USE the specified car wash, associated polish, and have the car inspected and any paint protection finish Reapplied as per contract all warranties given for that protection are Nil and Void.
At the end of the day if you care for your car and wash and polish it on a regular basis, this in itself offers the best deal,
Paint Protection to me is like Armoural your Thongs
WUNSIE

Postby Joemn on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:40 pm

I got the exact same product with my triton.. It does work to an extent, but for how long I don't know as i only have 5k on my triton. I got it for $1650 the lot as they had a 'special' on after I said twice I didn't want it. Save your money, although I do think it does make it easier to clean as though it has got some protection, it could just be a great placebo,in your case a $2900 placebo...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Joemn

Postby RHKTriton on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:22 am

I use dirt to protect my paint these days! Much less costly, with no lock in contracts.

Being on tank water, having a gravel drive & living next to a gravel track, all contribute to the 'protection' being constantly replenished! :lol:

When I do give it a scare, it scrubs up pretty good.

My fibreglass surf cat uses a different form of protection. Gum leaves and moss are excellent UV blockers. :lol:
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby donks1 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:21 am

Take a walk down to the spare parts dept, which is usually who supplies it to "New Cars", so that each dept gets a little cut along the way, and ask to buy the pack itself. It will generally be around $300.00 for interior and exterior. So you are effectivly paying $1200 for a detail, that the dealer has to do anyway.
And it doesn't do anything.

See link from NRMA

https://www.mynrma.com.au/blog/2009/07/ ... -packages/

Steve

P.s
I forgot to add that the companies who supply these products, usually also supply Electronic Rust Protection, which has also been proven to do nothing it claims to, and has now been outlawed. It's all snake oil.
donks1

Postby Merts on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:44 am

Rust protection. It's called 'paint'.

Paint protection. It's called wax. Apply a decent quality one twice a year.

Fabric Protection..... if you really must, buy a can of scotchguard or whatever, but a set of carseat covers makes far more sense, particularly in a 4WD.
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Crash486 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 am

If you did want to do paint protection, other than wax there are quite a few paint sealers out there. The ones based on silicon oxide are the most common and offer longer protection than waxes. It requires some effort though in preparation.
One of the easiest I've used is gyeon wet coat. After prep you just stay on and power wash off. Gives you months of protection.
One post I read suggested it's cheaper to never touch it and just get a re spray before you sell it. Maybe but it's going to look crap in between.
Crash486

Return to General Discussion