MN to MQ, a couple of compatibility questions

Anything Triton 2016+ related

MN to MQ, a couple of compatibility questions

Postby criminally_minded on Mon May 08, 2017 11:56 am

Hello all!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I am currently negotiating a trade on my GLX-R MN, going into an Exceed.

Is anyone here familiar with the factory bull bar? Pics & specs have proven difficult to find online. I have searched here as well, without turning much up. I am interested in thoughts on the following:

Is the factory bar winch compatible? If so, what are the mounting options?

Thoughts on functionality/aesthetics of the factory bar vs. ARB etc. options?

Aditionally, does anyone know if the genuine carpet floor mats from my MN, will fit the MQ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers - Simon
criminally_minded

Re: MN to MQ, a couple of compatibility questions

Postby DaveXT on Mon May 08, 2017 7:13 pm

I don't think the factory bar is winch compatible, I do think it's butt ugly.
DaveXT

Postby criminally_minded on Mon May 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks Dave, and yes I agree, the few pics I have seen haven't impressed me. The standard nudge bar isn't exactly a looker either.

An email to the dealer has confirmed that the factory bar definitely is not winch compatible.

Anybody else carried their MN mats over into the MQ?
criminally_minded

Postby Dilligara on Tue May 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Mats will fit, i transferred them across. I dont have a bull bar but if I did it would be an AFN

Click to view larger picture
Andrew - White MY17 Auto.
Dilligara

Postby Merts on Tue May 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Went for the ARB Summit on mine. Winch compatible (put a VRS in it), and looks pretty good I reckon.
frontweb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Postby criminally_minded on Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Awesome, thanks guys! Good to know the mats will transfer. Every dollar counts eh!

Both of those bars look great. If cost was no option I would probably go for the ARB, however I think the AFN also looks great, somewhat unique and may end up costing less (waiting on a quote now).

I would be looking to fit up myself.
criminally_minded

Postby Minza on Thu May 11, 2017 6:05 pm

I reckon that AFN bar looks sweet but don't think you'll get much change from 2.5k, a mate at work has one on his lux, looks the goods without no loop and he said it cost a bomb 8-), interested to see what they're worth.
Minza

Postby Aza08 on Mon May 15, 2017 7:17 am

Minza wrote:I reckon that AFN bar looks sweet but don't think you'll get much change from 2.5k, a mate at work has one on his lux, looks the goods without no loop and he said it cost a bomb 8-), interested to see what they're worth.

Comparable with the ARB
http://www.wolf4x4.com.au/afn-bullbar-m ... with-loops
Aza08

Postby MQFan on Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 am

I went with the MCC Phoenix Bar, namely for price. Not impressed.

Does the job but would not go this way again.

Namely the finish.
MQFan

Postby criminally_minded on Sun May 28, 2017 5:24 pm

AFN have failed to reply to two separate requests for quote, submitted via their website. Doesn't bode well for any kind of after sales support.

I picked up my MQ Exceed yesterday :D

Some first impressions:

- Significantly quieter in the cab than the MN
- Seats are much more comfortable and supportive
- Smartkey system is excellent. It was this feature (+ the GF was keen on the leather interior) that sold me on the Exceed over the GLS Sports and I'm not disappointed.
- I wasn't too interested in the heated seats pre-sale but I have to say... they are pretty damn nice and heat up very quickly. I'm in Tassie, and I can see how they will come into their own after a damp day snowboarding, mountain biking or out on the water.
- Lock-to-lock significantly improved
- Some of the interior features have regressed. Glove box button is plain dumb, doesn't drop open and gives you nothing to pull it open with (maybe once it has some items in it to force it to drop open it won't be an issue). Console coin box with removable lid seems like shoddy design. The GLX-R solution was much more elegant. Same with the console arm rest box. Window controls feel a bit cheap.
- I'll miss the power rear window :cry: The trade off is a lot more room behind the rear seats.
- Tailgate is a lot higher, the old pup only just makes the leap now :lol: Will be worse once I go up a tyre size.
- I fitted OCAM weather and bonnet shields as soon as I got it home and IMO they really lift the profile of the vehicle in the absence of a bull bar.
- MN mats do fit (thanks Dilligara). Not exact in the rear but near enough to make FA difference.
- I had build my own removable front and rear carry racks for the MN. Looks like a bit of tweaking and the rear set might carry over. No chance on the front (I bolted the mounts to the nudge bar mounts on the MN).

I've only put 60kms on her and haven't given it the beans so I'll reserve comment on performance.

I have some thoughts on the entertainment system/Carplay, might be worth their own thread though.

Overall, very happy so far!

Cheers.
criminally_minded

Postby Rillatriton on Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:59 pm

Hi all

Curious if a 2015 MQ nudge bar will fit a 2015 MN

Thanks
Kayne
Rillatriton

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:38 pm