Has anyone got any issue with Android auto ?

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Has anyone got any issue with Android auto ?

Postby xtong1990 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Picked Up my exceed about a week ago, everything else is all good, but when I try to use Google Map on the Android auto , basically after around 20 mins the screen will just freeze and start flashing a bit, and I had to jump out of Android auto and go back in to fix it, and I happens every single time. Wondering anyone else having the issue? Will mention it when the 1500km service time comes.
xtong1990

Re: Has anyone got any issue with Android auto ?

Postby johno on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:17 am

Hi there, are you using it in a built up area?? or out on the road??
Are you in constant contact with a mobile signal??

Make sure you check that travel fuse!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers Johno
"Ham and eggs... A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig."
johno

Postby xtong1990 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:48 am

johno wrote:Hi there, are you using it in a built up area?? or out on the road??
Are you in constant contact with a mobile signal??

Make sure you check that travel fuse!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers Johno

Thanks Johno! It's a really good point actually. Normally I just plug in the USB lead plus the blue tooth connection, and then I just leave it in the cup holder. I am using the on the road. I'm not sure but I'd say it is less likely cause by bad phone signal as I have been testing in, almost every single time, when it gets to that 20 mins mark the Android auto doesn't like it and it crashes no matter what route I'm choosing...... So maybe more on the software side?
xtong1990

Postby GPS98 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Not sure if it helps or not but we had the problem with the music side of the android, it would not work, and found it was having the Bluetooth and the usb connected at same time, once we disconnected the Bluetooth and ran the android auto app all worked as it should.
GPS98

Postby xtong1990 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:36 pm

GPS98 wrote:Not sure if it helps or not but we had the problem with the music side of the android, it would not work, and found it was having the Bluetooth and the usb connected at same time, once we disconnected the Bluetooth and ran the android auto app all worked as it should.

Thanks for the information mate! Will definitely try it, cheers buddy
xtong1990

Postby johno on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 pm

Just remembered something that my dealer told me... make sure the cable is of a good quality the system doesn't like cheap cords! just another point.
Cheers Johno
"Ham and eggs... A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig."
johno

Postby xtong1990 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:23 pm

johno wrote:Just remembered something that my dealer told me... make sure the cable is of a good quality the system doesn't like cheap cords! just another point.
Cheers Johno

Cheers mate! maybe i will try to get a good cord b4 mention it to the dealer too... :D thanks a lot mate you guys have been so helpful!
xtong1990

Postby DaveXT on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:03 am

I have had many issues, there is a list of compatable phone available. Some phones just won't work well. I still have issues when plugged in I can't hangup the phone, if I use only bluetooth the phone works perfectly.
DaveXT

Postby xtong1990 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:38 pm

DaveXT wrote:I have had many issues, there is a list of compatable phone available. Some phones just won't work well. I still have issues when plugged in I can't hangup the phone, if I use only bluetooth the phone works perfectly.

thanks for the information mate. Sounds like its more like phones problem. I do have the same issue that I can't hang up the phone after finishing the conversation as well..... Bit the screen just crashes on the infotainment screen seems a bit odd. Not sure if it's the phone or the car, almost every 20 mins I have to reset it...
xtong1990

Postby Crash486 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:03 pm

I got tired of data being gobbled by google maps, plus it doesn't give speed limits, cameras etc. So I reverted to a gps app on my phone.
To my surprise Waze (owned by google) runs on Android Auto, gives heaps of crowd sourced info and works well.
If you want to save your data, give ir a go.

crash486
Crash486

Postby Grosch on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:14 pm

DaveXT wrote:I have had many issues, there is a list of compatable phone available. Some phones just won't work well. I still have issues when plugged in I can't hangup the phone, if I use only bluetooth the phone works perfectly.

This sounds annoying. I feel for you. What phone do you have?
I believe C4 Pre Workout is in high demand and people love it.
Grosch

Postby Sivsup on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:55 pm

When I'm navigating with Android auto the radio turns itself off every 10 min (exactly) and I have to press 'mode' on the steering wheel to turn it back on. If the usb is not connected the radio is OK.
I have the error message every time I plug the USB in and have to pressOK to continue. The phone is a S5 Samsung with the original USB cable. Very annoying on both counts.
Sivsup

Return to General Discussion