Moderators - please advise

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Moderators - please advise

Postby Rusty Iron on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:48 pm

I looked at the rules for selling things here and note that they were last updated in 2008....

Would it be permissible to advise forumites (in the General Discussion forum) that I have an item for sale that may interest quite a few MQ dual cab owners, and post a link to an online selling platform?

Please be gentle. Given that the rules haven't been updated for so long, I'm wondering if attitudes have changed, that's all. There may be very good reasons for you to scoff at this, but I would just like to know them.
Rusty Iron

Re: Moderators - please advise

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Thanks for asking first and special thanks for taking the trouble to read the rules.

The rules haven't changed. You must still post any ad in the Classifieds section where it is visible to all, once approved. In your ad include your link to the online platform.

Actually the rules have been updated from time to time but Moderators and Admins can elect not to have those change dates show. They are, and remain, in force as a means of protecting both buyers and sellers on the site. We do understand that there is a limit to what we can do but we think that providing at least a measure of protection will help all members. Our security is as strong as we can make it and, if you're a member of other forums, you probably would have noticed that we suffer less from spam than others. Enforcing a minimum post count before allowing ads also contributes to looking after the members. As you'd appreciate, the conmen out there wouldn't bother jumping through the hoops and will go somewhere else.

I'm going to lock this thread now, only because the rules are not up for discussion and I think I've answered your question. If there's anything else then you, as with any other member, are welcome to contact any of the Moderators or Admin, by PM.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to General Discussion