JMAX MQ Snorkel and Airbox

Anything Triton 2016+ related

JMAX MQ Snorkel and Airbox

Postby sAsLEX on Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 am

Have searched through and not found anyone on here that has installed a JMAX snorkel and airbox.

https://www.jmaxengineering.com.au/prod ... sh-options

It is quite a pricey option and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these? One thing I am not so sure about is drilling into the A pillar!?
sAsLEX

Re: JMAX MQ Snorkel and Airbox

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 pm

Just about every snorkel requires drilling in to the A pillar. Drill carefully and stop as soon as you get through the outer skin. Airbags with drill holes in them tend not to work quite as well as designed.

There have been a few similar designs over the years. Some better than others although this one looks quite neat.

The airbox looks neat but be aware that pod style filters don't work as well as the OEM type in severe dusty conditions. A daily check is advised. You'll suck in all kinds of rubbish through the snorkel. Be prepared to clean out leaves and various litter - regularly.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby WUNSIE on Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 pm

That's quite a few $$$$ for a snorkel and a pod filter plus gst on top of it. :shock:
WUNSIE

Postby explorer.dave on Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 pm

WUNSIE wrote:That's quite a few $$$$ for a snorkel and a pod filter plus gst on top of it. :shock:

I agree, after a week the WOW factor will disappear and the realisation you just blew $1400 on a snorkel will kick in. Better options out there IMO.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sAsLEX on Wed May 22, 2019 8:01 am

explorer.dave wrote:
WUNSIE wrote:That's quite a few $$$$ for a snorkel and a pod filter plus gst on top of it. :shock:

I agree, after a week the WOW factor will disappear and the realisation you just blew $1400 on a snorkel will kick in. Better options out there IMO.

Yeah agreed, I might look at local options for just the stainless snorkel, the airbox would require re-mounting the provent in any case!
sAsLEX

Postby Nick Bagus on Thu May 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi mate, just FYI i was quoted $665 fitted for a TJM Airtec snorkel. They're having a sale until June 30.

Cheers
Nick Bagus

Postby YTO on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Nick Bagus wrote:Hi mate, just FYI i was quoted $665 fitted for a TJM Airtec snorkel. They're having a sale until June 30.

Cheers

WOW that’s cheap. Can I ask which shop?

I was quoted $898 supply and fitted by TJM Parrmatta just a week ago. Didn’t even mention they are having a sale.
YTO

Postby Nick Bagus on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:14 pm

YTO wrote:
Nick Bagus wrote:Hi mate, just FYI i was quoted $665 fitted for a TJM Airtec snorkel. They're having a sale until June 30.

Cheers

I was quoted $898 supply and fitted by TJM Parrmatta just a week ago. Didn’t even mention they are having a sale.

Hi mate, that was just a local TJM here in Adelaide. The sale looks to be national called "TJM Finke My Ride". Give them another buzz and see how you get on.

Cheers!
Nick Bagus

Postby YTO on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:01 am

Nick Bagus wrote:
YTO wrote:

Cheers

Hi mate, that was just a local TJM here in Adelaide. The sale looks to be national called "TJM Finke My Ride". Give them another buzz and see how you get on.

Cheers!

Thanks mate.
YTO

Return to General Discussion