Tune and dpf delete

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Tune and dpf delete

Postby MilosMacesic on Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:53 am

Hi guys, ill make it short. I had my mq 2017 tuned at DTA (diesle tuning Australia) had my dpf removed and tuned car was great, better fuel economy and kws, nm. Few days after dpf light comes on, i take it back he says its all good now no more light, happens again like that 3 times. He couldnt figure out how to remove my dpf so i had to retune it with the dpf on. I want to find a proper mechanic who will do a proper job so i dont have to go back. I live in sydney so anyone know a good tune house.. thank you.
MilosMacesic

Re: Tune and dpf delete

Postby gspy4u on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 pm

ah always thought that this is 100% illegal for road use isn't it
gspy4u
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:14 pm

gspy4u wrote:ah always thought that this is 100% illegal for road use isn't it

That is correct. And very bad for the air quality.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby aybe on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 am

Surely no reputable business would delete the DPF?The place that tuned mine would'nt even delete the EGR but were happy for me to do it.While you can't believe everything on the internet didn't 4wd action show a BT50 tuned with and without a DPF for no real noticeable difference?
aybe

Postby DaveXT on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:00 pm

There is nothing to gain and everything to loose by removing your DPF, I guess you have found that out now.
DaveXT

Postby MilosMacesic on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:58 pm

Thays the thing he did want to delete my dpf he surely charged me for it.. but he couldn't do it because he recons he did a few tritons and only my one was a problem he couldnt get rid of it. Yes its illegal but thats my risk I'm willing to take to let my enegine breath how its mesnt to.. im pretty sure theres more pollution from evrtrhing else than a car.
So anyone know a good tune house in Sydney??
MilosMacesic

Postby gartam on Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:39 pm

The dpf part in the ecu hasn't been fully turned off. It still wants to do its 400klm distance burn. If DTA used swiftec software for your tune there is sometimes a problem with deleting the dpf fully. I have multiple tunes for mine. I have 3 from ECM Titanium, 3 from WINOLS and 3 from swiftec. 1 of the swiftec tunes the dpf light comes on after 400klms. If I'm using that tune I leave my Autel dongle plugged in and clear it every time it comes up.
If you were anywhere near townsville i could have loaded one up for you.
gartam

Postby MilosMacesic on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:34 am

Thats exactly what it did every 400km on the dot it would start the burn.. I just dont understad why he cant switch it off complete ive heard you need to have a whole new map for that, which he says he does but not even he understands why its keeps coming back on.. ive heard up in Brisbane they have the best mechanics for diesle tunning
MilosMacesic

Postby gartam on Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:34 pm

If you are not happy they usually give you your money back and reflash your original tune but I'm guessing it has probably been a few months and now they won't do it. If you ever get it redone ask what software they use and get one that doesn't use swiftec.
gartam

Return to General Discussion