MN to MQ GLS-Prem 2019

Anything Triton 2016+ related

MN to MQ GLS-Prem 2019

Postby wilsonj on Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:14 am

Hi all,

I've had my MQ GLS-Premium for a bit over a week now and thought I would post some thoughts.
Coming from a 2014 MN GLX.

Firstly, it feels so much nicer built. The doors a more solid and even the tailgate feels better to open and close.
There is also a major improvement on noise. I can no longer hear the rattle of the engine like before. I still know it's there, but it's a dull drone now.
The ride is also smoother, although it still bounces around when there is no weight in it. Some what reminiscent of the MN.
Also, as we put kids in the backseat, now having roof mounted vents really helps keep them happy and cool.

Overall very happy. However here are a couple small niggles, that I just don't get.

1. Cruise control is something I use all the time. But it is very unresponsive if you use it to increase speed. I'm constantly oveershooting, then dropping back.
Given the new digital centre dash, it would have been nice to show the speed I am setting. And it should have had adaptive too.

2. Centre console. The MN had a separate top compartment which I used all the time for wallet and coins. That's gone in this model. And I'm left with a cavernous hole to drop things into and find later.
I'll fix this myself, however I shouldn't have to.

3. This one bugs me a bit. At night time I can't see where the auto gear shift is. Sure P, N, R etc is lit, but there is no indicator light to show which one you are in. First auto I've ever seen this, or not seen...

4. The rear tub, I have a dualcab ute, has shrunk, considerably. Haven't found it an issue yet, but was surprised when I put my rubber mat in from the MN the size difference.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers
Jamie
wilsonj

Re: MN to MQ GLS-Prem 2019

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:49 am

1. Maybe it has a fault, mine works very well. 1 button press is approx 1kmh. Going down hill it can creep up obviously, but as you say it isnt adaptive. As for Adaptive? Should have got a High spec MR then?

3. Does it not show gear selected in the centre LCD display?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby wilsonj on Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:26 pm

Maybe it's the perceived lag when I press the up and down on the cruise. Still think it would have been nicer to just show the set speed on the digital dash. Then there is no guessing.

Yup, it does show on the dash, I just thought it odd it didn't show it's position on the selector. Don't remember ever seeing another car that didn't show the position.
wilsonj

Postby Merts on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:09 pm

There is zero point in having illuminated gear positions on the selector. You would have to take your eyes off the road and look down to make use of them. Makes way more sense as it is, with gear selection shown on the dash display.
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:58 am

Still have to take your eyes off the road, Merts. ;)

I prefer the old, seat of the pants method:
Going forwards? Probably in D.
Going backwards? Probably in R
Not moving? Most likely in P
Moving when you shouldn't be? N
Valves coming through bonnet? Definitely in M(anual Select) :D
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby wilsonj on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:14 am

Merts wrote:There is zero point in having illuminated gear positions on the selector. You would have to take your eyes off the road and look down to make use of them. Makes way more sense as it is, with gear selection shown on the dash display.

Not when moving the selector from P to D or R.
Take a look at pretty much every other auto and it indicates it on the selector...
wilsonj

Return to General Discussion