OBD Trouble Codes

Anything Triton 2016+ related

OBD Trouble Codes

Postby Enid_Triton on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:40 am

2015 Triton mn 4D56
The old girl blew off the turbo hose doing 110 kph on the M1, didn’t even hear it but instant power drop & check engine light. A quick 10min fix on the side of the road and off she went again "purring like a Massey Ferguson Tractor" as if nothing had happened.
So, when I got home I cleared the code easily with an OBD11 app on my phone & my old faithful ELM 237.
But the app also brought up a few other codes & I noticed that a couple of the of the codes were related to an auto transmission which must be a false positive because my vehicle is a 5-speed manual. Also there was one that was related to Auto headlight sensor that my Povo version doesn't have.
But there was one other code that I'm not sure about: U1111.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the U1111 code & if there are other generic (false positives)
that will be shown when a scan is performed?
Enid_Triton

Re: OBD Trouble Codes

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:03 pm

The U codes are from the CANBUS system, which the MN has very few controllers for. The network will be looking for things such as Instrument panel, Centre display panel, electric sunroof and rear window, Tyre pressure monitors etc.

All of which the MN doesnt have networked, so these codes are just false positives as you called it.

Nothing to worry about, all MN and PB/C have a few of these codes in the system. If it was a genuine fault the engine or ABS warning lights would be on at the same time.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Re: OBD Trouble Codes

Postby Enid_Triton on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:42 pm

Thanks DDDJ that's excellent info and a relief.
I was half confident that the U1111 code may have been the same as the other two because the old rattler was still running well.
cheers
Enid_Triton

Return to General Discussion