OCAM Dual Battery Tray.

Anything Triton 2016+ related

OCAM Dual Battery Tray.

Postby Deadhead on Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 am

Hello all, I have a few questions I have been unable to find answers too.
I would like to install a dual battery system to my MQ. I’m a bit skint at the moment so will be doing it in stages.
Firstly the dual battery tray. Looked around at several most were 2mm powder coated. Then found one from OCAM 4X4 accessories which is custom built 3mm powdered steel and cheaper.
But I cannot find any installation advice, the company OCAM, have “Easy to install” in their description of the product.
No YouTube clips or anything else I can find. I have contacted OCAM regarding the installation process, but they have yet to respond.
Has the community here have any opinions or advice on said subject?
Does anyone here have that tray installed?
Any and all advice would be appreciated.
TIA.
Tony
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Fifth Gen forum and edited title for easier searching
Deadhead

Re: OCAM Dual Battery Tray.

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:27 pm

I don't have any experience with that brand in particular, but just a note that a few battery trays hold the second battery close to the engine and when running, the fuel hose touches the tray and rubs through on MQ and MR tritons. At least 1.5 - 2 inches clearance would be needed. I believe ARB do an under body battery tray that mounts to the chassis rail that could be a good option.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Deadhead on Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:30 am

Thanks.
Deadhead

Postby andelect on Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Hi Deadhead,
I used a Projecta underbonnet battery tray.
Was not without problems.... move existing tray/battery forward. All good. fitting Projecta tray, battery and found I couldn't fit existing OEM battery + OEM engine cable Lead over batteries when installed. had to modify Projecta Tray, removing underside bracket to run OEM battery lead from motor under Projecta Tray. The project instructions show to relocate Fuel leads further below. So not straight forward! In hindsite perhaps a different option?
Dibby is spot on and rightly cautious. Time after 20,000Kms to remove dual battery and check on fuel lines and OEM battery supply cable to check if any potential issues that may be occurring.
I fitted 70HR battery, and so far so good, at least have system out of rear tray, now its time after doing extensive Gibb River and WA to do big maintenance check.
Do a search on dual battery under bonnet installs, they are in this forum, just not much.
Cheers.
andelect

Return to General Discussion