Doors - Compatibility ML to MN

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Doors - Compatibility ML to MN

Postby deermaster on Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:42 pm

My Triton had a big hole in the drivers door and was badly dented as well and the rear door on the other side was a dented mess from a large tree hitting it. To cut a long story short, they wanted $600 excess each time for a door and I thought stuff it I will buy some second hand doors. Well a year later I got three doors off a 2012 Triton as they reckon they fit from 2006 to 2015. Mine is a 2007 ML. Paid $550 and now have a spare front door for the other side. Well they do fit. Waited until I could get doors off another black car and luckily the interior was the same color. The backdoor went on in fifteen minutes stuck the plugs in and presto, good as new. The front door went on in twenty minutes but when we went to plug the plugs in they were different size? What a PITA. It then took us three hours to get the door trims off and unplug all the wires then swap them over, then fit the mirror back on and change the door handle to keep my keys working everything and now the car after a quick cut and polish, looks too good to take back out the bush. My mate charged me a bottle of rum to help me as he was a panel beater before he retired.
So telling you this in case one of you buys doors thinking they will be the same plugs, as they sometimes arn't :D
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to aid in future searches
deermaster

Re: New doors

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:13 pm

Love a good news story. :D
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: New doors

Postby deermaster on Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:59 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Love a good news story. :D

Thanks mate Amazing I pay $750 a year insurance and don't want to use it as the $600 excess is a rip off unless I have a really big accident. My missus is now happy to as she reckons it won't feel like driving around in a truck full of dents and scratches. The cut and polish took most of the scratches off and even bought new floor mats and steering wheel cover and went the whole hog and washed the inside :lol: Next time I go up the property, I will still drive through the lantana, but will cringe at the sounds of it scratching it again :lol:
deermaster

Return to General Discussion