mitsubishi smartphone link firmware update

Anything Triton 2016+ related

mitsubishi smartphone link firmware update

Postby BlueTriton59 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:59 pm

Does anyone know what the latest version is of the Triton display software?

I am still having inconsistent connectivity issues with Carplay.

My Triton’s display shows its running V 3.1.0006.0200

I am hoping there is a later version (my MR an early 2019 build) that will have improved things.

Are there any TSB’s re Carplay connectivity or smartphone link freezing issues, as mine is doing that too.
BlueTriton59

Re: mitsubishi smartphone link firmware update

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:46 pm

There is another revision of software 3.1.0006.0400 is available, but this isf for handsfree volume.

Carplay connection issues are always down to broken or poor quality leads being used. Genuine Apple ones are best.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby BlueTriton59 on Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:12 am

I hear what you are saying…. However….

I was trying to figure this issue out the other day.

Unlocked the phone, plugged into the car, and turned the car on. Exactly as you would normally do.

After the smartphone system started up, I tapped the Apps tab and got the “no smartphone connected” message. So unplugged the phone, waited, plugged in again, waited, still no connection. Repeated 3 times and was still unable to get the xonnection.

So I left the phone plugged in sitting untouched on the console, and ran a full reset on the smartphone car display. As soon as it restarted, the phone connected to carplay (without being touched) and all apps were active!

To me, that points the finger squarely at the car’s smartphone link system as the problem.
BlueTriton59

Postby BlueTriton59 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:48 pm

I reached out to Mitsubishi via my local dealer. Gave them the details of the issue as described in my earlier posts here.

They say that Mitsubishi is aware of these connection issues and is working on a fix - presumably a software update for the head unit.

Told me that they submitted a “DQR” (whatever that means) on my vehicle and will get back to me when they hear back but not sure when that might be.
BlueTriton59

Postby Monaro03 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi there,
Just wondering if there is any update as I have similar problems with mine. Last couple of days hooked my phone in my wife’s loan car Kia Sportege 2021 and no issues works perfect lol
Monaro03

Postby BlueTriton59 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:39 am

No update.

I have found that going into the phone settings and “forgetting” the Triton and then re-pairing definitely helps.

It seems that something is affected when the phones software is updated, so I have taken to doing this every time the phone is updated.
BlueTriton59

Postby BlueTriton59 on Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:39 pm

Any news on the long promised software update for the MR Triton 7” head unit?

There are so many people on the Triton facebook group reporting dissatisfaction with it due to difficulty with it crashing, freezing up, not connecting to carPlay/android auto and other issues - someone there said their dealer had told them a major update to supposedly improve these things was either released or near to release.

Mine has “only” frozen up a couple of times, but I am getting tired of having to delete and re-pair my phone once a month so that it connects more than 50% of the time with CarPlay….

Any news from those on the inside with Mitsubishi??
BlueTriton59

Postby BlueTriton59 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:20 am

Nobody??
BlueTriton59

Postby AndrewGLS on Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:32 pm

That's disappointing to hear. If I end up having a hard time I'll just replace it with an aftermarket head unit. I can't be bothered dealing with that BS
AndrewGLS

Postby pete10 on Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:58 am

got a genuine apple cord like dibby advised,works first time now
pete10

Postby AndrewGLS on Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:45 am

Did you lot get the SMS about this recently? Has anyone got the update? I replaced the head unit after a few weeks of frustration. Local dealer gave 0 shits about my complaints.
AndrewGLS

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:15 pm

Update is here, and well received. Some units are freezing and locking up during update, so they get replaced .

It is a more freindly menu system too
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby BlueTriton59 on Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:28 pm

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:Update is here, and well received. Some units are freezing and locking up during update, so they get replaced .

It is a more freindly menu system too

Is this update only for the 22+ Tritons?

What about the 19/20 models?
BlueTriton59

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:48 am

This is only for Vehicles that have the Directed MI DISPLAY unit fiited to recent vehicles, during the chip shortages.

This should have been in its own thread, but i was responding to this post.

BlueTriton59 wrote:Any news on the long promised software update for the MR Triton 7” head unit?

There are so many people on the Triton facebook group reporting dissatisfaction with it due to difficulty with it crashing, freezing up, not connecting to carPlay/android auto and other issues - someone there said their dealer had told them a major update to supposedly improve these things was either released or near to release.

Mine has “only” frozen up a couple of times, but I am getting tired of having to delete and re-pair my phone once a month so that it connects more than 50% of the time with CarPlay….

Any news from those on the inside with Mitsubishi??
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Return to General Discussion