Options for Tuning MR Triton without affecting warranty?

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Options for Tuning MR Triton without affecting warranty?

Postby Tritony on Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to tune my MR Triton without affecting the warranty in the way of being able to remove the tune or chip if taking the car back to the dealer for warranty :D

I was looking at the Steinbauer model, but doesn't look to have too good of a reputation online - as in doesn't make much of a difference for the cost $.
Are custom tunes worth it, and if so are they able to be reversed in case of a warranty issue?

My car currently has a HPD front mount intercooler and 3" dpf back exhaust.
Tritony

Re: Options for Tuning MR Triton without affecting warranty?

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:52 pm

Youve already replaced the intercooler and exhaust to aftermarket items and that in itself is leaving you wide open for warranty issues if the dealer wants to point the finger to them causing engine issue if you need to make a warranty claim, Unfortunately, The 3" exhaust has already dropped the output back behind the 8 ball compared to a stock 4n15
WUNSIE

Postby Tritony on Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:09 pm

WUNSIE wrote:Youve already replaced the intercooler and exhaust to aftermarket items and that in itself is leaving you wide open for warranty issues if the dealer wants to point the finger to them causing engine issue if you need to make a warranty claim, Unfortunately, The 3" exhaust has already dropped the output back behind the 8 ball compared to a stock 4n15

I agree, however I can swap the stock items in within 2-3 hours so not a big drama. Mitsubishi will only ever see the car in stock form and its impossible to tell if the mods have been done as it doesn't modify anything on the body and is a straight bolt on. Which is why I want to ensure the tune can't be detected by mitsubishi, I don't usually like piggy backs but I think its the best option at the moment.
Tritony

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:38 am

Haha. Your assuming that you haven't broken down away from home and have to be towed to a dealer.

I would think that if you've made significant mods to a vehicle, that you're confident that you aren't worried about warranties.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby WUNSIE on Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:08 pm

Tritony wrote: I agree, however I can swap the stock items in within 2-3 hours so not a big drama. Mitsubishi will only ever see the car in stock form

Have to agree with RHK, on this one Tritony,

Mate, it might only be me but honestly that would drive me friggin mad having to remove the intercooler & exhaust every time it comes service time ( to maintain warranty )!! :shock: Imagine the wear on Clips, Clamps Nuts and Bolts from constantly being Undone & continually being tensioned. You do realize that some bolts are a one off torque, not saying the ones you loosened and tightened are, as they are mainly Front end suspension bolts

I,m a stiffler for Fit it Once, Fit it Correct, and then leave it alone
WUNSIE

Postby gartam on Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:47 am

I did the same on my MQ. I had a DPF delete and tune and would always bolt the dpf back in before a service and flash my original tune back on. When I got it back after the service I would always read my ecu file again in case they did some sort of update and had the latest reading. After a while I couldn't be stuffed doing it anymore so I upgraded the intercooler, turbo, and valve body and started servicing it my self.
gartam

Return to General Discussion