why i dont use dealers

Anything Triton 2016+ related

why i dont use dealers

Postby pete10 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:47 pm

Mq triton,i booked my triton in to a dealership in perth for intercooler to be replaced under ncw.Was promised a morning pick up,arrived ,didnt seem to know anything about it ,even though id had 2 reminders ,reminding me about it,was left at the early bird drop in morning.Service manager got right onto it and an hr later i was pulling way .sweet.Got up the road and heard a swooshing noise every time i accelerated,loss of power up hill,blowing smoke,checked under the hood,top clamp was lose,and bottom hose was half put on with a loose clamp,Really!!so fixed it on the side of the road myself ,rang the service manager ,who to be fair was an alright fella.He was pssed off and apologised.Now when i was waiting for it and they parked it up ,a fella in his 30s and a young bloke jumped out of it,surely the older fella would of checked it. :roll:
pete10

Re: why i dont use dealers

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:43 am

Nothing has changed in 40yrs then. Lol

Had a noise in rear axle on my first Commodore wagon. After the third visit to try and diagnose the problem, arrived at dealer and they hadn't even looked at it!

Long story short, dealer in next town straight onto it, sorted in a week.

Guess where next sale took place!

The old stories of driving out of the yard and the wheels falling off aren't farfetched.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby pete10 on Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:15 am

this dealership in perth has a bad reputation ,but i thought , its only a hose ,the one i usually use couldnt get me in for week and a half.
pete10

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:31 pm

There out there !! Only way to make these rogues open up their eyes and get their head out of their arse is to avoid them like the plague and deal with a good dealer through word of mouth
WUNSIE

Return to General Discussion