brake pads

Anything Triton 2016+ related

brake pads

Postby pete10 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:51 am

mq brake pads need replacing.What shall i use?Mechanic wont use bendix .
pete10

Re: brake pads

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:53 pm

pete10 wrote:Mechanic wont use bendix .

Why?

pete10 wrote:What shall i use?

A question like this is only going to get you dozens of replies, all recommending something different. That won't help you at all.

What you need to do is outline the type of use your Triton gets, how many kilometres you got out of the old pads, on road or off road percentages, use in mud, what the old pads were (OEM or aftermarket) and how they performed. Were they too hard or too soft? Too much brake dust? Poor handling of heat when stressed (i.e. heavy use downhill towing a heavy trailer)? Do you keep the rears adjusted up or are the front pads doing all the work?

You should also detail what kind of tyres and wheels you have fitted. For example if you have steel wheels and big muddies then nothing short of the anchor from the QEII will stop you effectively.

You'll still get a lot of useless replies, but at least some will try to address your issue and make appropriate suggestions.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby pete10 on Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:16 pm

i want dozens of replies
pete10

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:57 am

Pete, the whole purpose of a forum is to draw on the knowledge and experience of others so that you can solve problems or make the best choices, thereby getting the best performance and value for money for your particular use case. Just as importantly is that the knowledge imparted remains on the forum for others to use, particularly if they can identify a similar problem or application.

If you just want a list of brake pad brands then I'd suggest you Google it, yourself. In terms of value, such a list is completely useless on this forum, both for you (because it doesn't address your needs) and for other members who might be looking to upgrade their brake pads. It would be quite stupid to have nothing but a list of brands and then try to make an informed choice without knowing more. Some brake pads are soft and work very well in lighter duty applications, others are hard but take the heat generated from towing very well.

If you were to just choose a brand at random then the chances are that it won't be the right one and then you'll whinge and bitch that you got poor advice on NewTriton.

Not on my watch, mate.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to General Discussion