Triton MQ MR Pajero sport crack head Injector sleeves 4N15

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Triton MQ MR Pajero sport crack head Injector sleeves 4N15

Postby Saltriton on Wed May 31, 2023 2:53 pm

Since their is a lot of Mitsubishi Triton MQ NR Pajero Sport 4N15 engines with cracked heads on the 4N15

I was wondering if someone can design a injector sleeve kit for this cylinder head to fix the issue by boring 2-3mm and putting a sleeve to stop violent leaking from the injector ports

Maybe Mitsubishi can get involved in the innovation and roll this idea to the new 4N15 engines which are going to be used in the 2024 model too and someone can patent this innovation if it’s a good fix to thus serious problem

rather than replacing the whole head which require removing the entire engine or removing the front diff, power steering rack abd cross member

A lot if people say the reason why the injector port cracks is due to injector bolts overnighting and pulling stuck injectors due to carbon buildup
Saltriton

Re: Triton MQ MR Pajero sport crack head Injector sleeves 4N

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Wed May 31, 2023 6:19 pm

This is not a manufacturing defect. it is caused by poor maintanance.

How many forums are you going to post this on? Whirlpool, new triton, anywhere else
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Saltriton on Wed May 31, 2023 8:00 pm

Didn’t know there’s a rule for freedom of speech
especially when someone’s trying to seek information and help others in the same time

If there’s nothing positive helpful to contribute why get involved and put ur input to put people down and get ur 2 seconds if satisfaction on people who’s seeing information and who’s trying to help others
Last edited by Saltriton on Wed May 31, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saltriton

Postby Saltriton on Wed May 31, 2023 8:03 pm

By the way I spoke to few engine reconditioning companies and they said they can design a sleeve to fix this problem and install these sleeves while engine is in the car by not removing the engine and buying a new head causing damage to environment

Will update more information soon regarding this innovation
Last edited by Saltriton on Wed May 31, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saltriton

Postby Saltriton on Wed May 31, 2023 8:10 pm

The below video ( at the end of video) it shows where the coolant is leaking from the cracked cylinder engine head of the 4N15

https://youtu.be/JhR1qXF6718
Saltriton

Postby Saltriton on Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:15 am

I can see from above YouTube video, how overnighting injector bolts can cause the crack in the bottom of injector port/ hole

When I install the new washers abd injectors I
Might tighten the injectors just below spec (from flat hold down injector bracket to 1nm on front of engine bolt , then 180 on back engine side , then 90 degrees on front of engine)
Saltriton

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:54 am

Saltriton wrote:Might tighten the injectors just below spec

If your head is cracked because of incorrect tightening then how would incorrectly installing new parts solve the problem. Again, if the head is cracked, then you're going to need a new head and wouldn't it be a lot smarter to get a dealer to do it, so that it's done correctly and you have a warranty on the work?
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Saltriton on Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:59 am

Tell me something you know to fix this problem and help someone who’s in the sane boat who wants to fix problem themselves

There was a girl on news today who fixed her antique car watching YouTube videos asking questions on forums and got info from helpful people to fix her car and everyone praised her for her efforts

Unfortunately if a bloke who’s thinking of fixing his car watching YouTube , asking questions , more importantly Turing to provide information to others in the sane boat gets criticised for doing so .. strange mentality
Saltriton

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:58 am

Watching a you tube video does not make you a competent mechanic. Years of experience after 4 years of training at a technical college does.

I watched a you tube video on heart surgery, does not make me want to have a go at it. And if people criticised me for trying, then they would be right.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:29 pm

Saltriton wrote:Tell me something you know to fix this problem and help someone who’s in the sane boat who wants to fix problem themselves

I don't have a problem with people doing their own work, in fact I do a lot of my own. Youtube is a valid resource and can be very handy at times. However, there do seem to be a greater than average number of incompetents posting videos and it can be hard to sort out those giving good advice from those giving bad.

One thing that does concern me, though, is this:
Saltriton wrote:Might tighten the injectors just below spec

You already know that correctly installing these parts is absolutely critical to their performance and to not creating other problems. Yet your plan seems to be to do it all again by, this time, undertightening. It may fix the problem short term and I suspect your plan may be to sell the vehicle before the inevitable problems recur, passing it on to the new owner who, having bought privately, has no benefit of any warranty. Meanwhile you take off with the money saved by not doing a repair properly. I hope I'm wrong in this assessment.....
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:41 pm

Loose injectors is what causes carbon deposits to blow past the injector washers and solidifying and jamming the injectors in. This also happens with overtightening the injectors, as when the head crack, the injectors are loosened slightly and the same occurs.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Saltriton on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:06 pm

Thank you keep advising good things what I should do and should not do in order to get his problem Fixed not other irrelevant conversation of the topic .

Will tighten bolts to spec- from flat hold down injector bracket to 1nm on front of engine bolt , then 180 on back engine side , then 90 degrees on front of engine)

I was talking to a machine shop owner yesterday and he said one if the main reasons the cracks foam in the bottom of the injector holes in the cylinder head Is because mechanics when they install injectors they cut the seat with a injector seat cutting tool to make the injector seat nice and shinny removing a lot of material to get rid of corrosion and blow by on the seat to make it fit to make the copper washer to sit nicely flat which cause the thickness of the bottom of cylinder head injector hole to reduce and the combination of this and the over tightening of bolts cause the crack to occur in the bottom of the cylinder head.

Btw I am not planning to Sell car any of my cars . I love my two ps exceeds and mq Triton,
Not doing dodgy things n committing bad Kama to myself [url][/url]
Saltriton

Postby Saltriton on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:01 am

Omg this parts manufacturer in their injector seat cutting tool video cut about 5mm on the bottom of the injector seat

No wonder they crack around this area with over tightened bolts

https://youtu.be/Sme5YOXAOSE
Saltriton

Postby Saltriton on Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:11 am

Omg this parts manufacturer in their injector seat cutting tool video cut about 5mm on the bottom of the injector seat

No wonder they crack around this area with over tightened bolts

https://youtu.be/Sme5YOXAOSE
Saltriton

Postby Saltriton on Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:11 am

Not sure what diameter the new copper washers are but if they are same diameter as the top nut based on the below dimensions, the injector seat cutter must be 14-15mm to avoid unwanted cylinder head material getting cut causing injector hole wall thickness to decrease from the seat cutting tool

Had a look at a new Denso Injector I had as spare of the diameters from the nozzle head to top most part under cylinder head

- 14&15mm = M14 nut & nut peak to peak

- 17mm- nozzle cover
-19mm – nozzle cover after 1mm taper
- 16.5mm – injector body exposed tread for aprox 5mm

- 19mm- injector main body for 63.5mm
- 21mm – injector main body after ½mm taper fir 26mm

Total distance from M14 nut to everting inside cylinder head =136mm = 5,13,1,22,5,63.5,0.5,26mm
Saltriton

Postby Saltriton on Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:20 pm

Please don’t comment on this post if it’s insult & put downs please or if it’s not relevant to the topic to help fix the problem . Thank you abd defeat the purpose of forums which is to Help / gather information not insults and bullying

I am spending my time effort to help someone else with the situation with my posts not insults put downs bullying
Saltriton

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:36 pm

I'm pleased to see that you've changed your approach and now intend to do the job correctly.

That being the case, my previous fears no longer have a basis and I wish you success.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby shawty950 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:11 pm

Salt, do you actually have a cracked head or are you just worried about it, hence the rabbit hole of sleeves etc?

If you are just going to do the valves themselves, dont worry about what "could" happen, just follow DibbyDibbyJ's(Mitsubishi Master tech IIRC) post on how to do it the right way here viewtopic.php?f=97&t=22607&p=558537&hilit=With+all+the+injectors+in+place+the+bolts+are+fitted#p558532
And there are a bunch of photos that will help here viewtopic.php?f=108&t=22417&p=557475#p558688
shawty950

Return to General Discussion