Engine warning light

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Engine warning light

Postby JaseM on Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:57 am

Hi there,

My airbag warning light popped up on the dash last month and the fault was a faulty front impact sensor. Ordered the genuine part and my auto electrician said he'd throw it in when I was next in town. However I thought I'd try to replace it myself a few days ago unfortunately I couldn't get the clip off the old sensor so I've learnt to quit whilst I'm ahead. Haha.

Jumped in the car to head to Sydney yesterday and noticed the engine warning light is now on as well. My auto electrician is 350kms away, should I just take the car to a local Mitsubishi dealership in Sydney to scan? Not particularly keen to keep driving it with the engine warning light on. I should mention the car performed as usual when driving up to Sydney yesterday, no power loss, no fuel or temperature issues, just the warning lights.

BTW, I am booked in to get the impact sensor swapped over with the local auto electrician when I get back home next week.

Cheers,
Jase
JaseM

Re: Engine warning light

Postby JaseM on Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:48 am

Just had a scan done at Supercheap.

Fault code P0546.
JaseM

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:02 pm

JaseM wrote:Fault code P0546.

For more information, see this thread
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby WUNSIE on Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:02 pm

EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) sensor, check connecting plug, remove , clean and reinstall the plug, see how that goes
WUNSIE

Return to General Discussion