Rough Idle / won’t idle

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Rough Idle / won’t idle

Postby 74chy on Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:44 pm

Hi guys,
Has anyone had a similar issue?

MQ triton. Did a Full top end engine rebuild little while ago and Was fine for over 20,000km. While towing, I got a code EGR excessive flow, didn’t think too much of it, cleared fault to see if it would come back and it didn’t. Few hundred km later, Ute started idling really rough when stopped at lights etc, felt like it was going to stall. At the end of my trip while reversing In low range positioning a caravan, I end up with flashing clogged dpf light and it went into limp mode. Unable to regen. Struggled to start and ran poorly.

Changed the following:

DPF and all sensors
EGR valve and motor
EGR vacuum solenoid
No splits in intercooler hoses

No more limp mode.

It still struggles to start, won’t idle properly. But weirdly Above 1000rpm it’s smooth as silk! As long as there is accelerator input. As soon as you take your foot off and let it go back to idle it dies. It has idled with the AC on but with it off there is no chance.

I've changed the following with no luck.

SCV
Injectors
Glow plugs
Rail pressure sensor
New fuel filter
Shock treatment of Fuel dr in tank and in filter pot
MAF sensor Cleaned
MAP sensor Cleaned

All replaced and coded

SCV relearn
Injectors coded
Etc

Fuel pressure seems good, I'm chasing my tail. Any thoughts? Anything to check in MUT?

No codes or freeze frame using MUT3 SE

Injectors are unable to do SQL due to the Ute not being able to idle. I dont think this is related as it was doing the same thing prior to injector replacement.

Any thoughts??

Cheers
74chy

Return to General Discussion