Postby hvac guy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Snowflake would be jelous
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: New Triton 2015 model Launch- scoop

Postby srb on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:50 pm

hvac guy wrote:Snowflake would be jelous

Snowflake wouldn't stand a chance in a drag race anyway.
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Maybe a drag show though. ;) :lol:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby srb on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:55 pm

TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hvac guy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:26 pm

I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Bloody emojis are breeding.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Homer on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:01 am

I would have had to hide Snowflake as the media would have flocked to her silky flanks...
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby mad992 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Homer in a Hilux has a nice ring to it ;)
mad992

Postby Homer on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Wash your mouth out!
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby mad992 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Homer wrote:Wash your mouth out!

:lol: :lol:
mad992

Postby fridgie on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Homer wrote:I would have had to wash Snowflake as the media would have baulked at her silty flanks...

Fixed for ya
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby GLR2012 on Fri May 01, 2015 6:23 pm

The exhaust system has a DPF on it the same as the pajero, meaning we can not change the exhaust system!!!!! how lame. Looks like an ecutek tune will be needed to extract power and utilize the exhaust system.
697s std would be amazing! they are a bloody great tyre! im really liking the look of the exceed.
GLR2012

Postby al coholic on Sat May 02, 2015 6:17 am

GLR2012 wrote:The exhaust system has a DPF on it the same as the pajero, meaning we can not change the exhaust system!!!!! how lame.

I own a Pajero that used to have a DPF and now doesn't ;)

Just sayin.......
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby leonbee on Sat May 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Do you still have to remove the injector pipes to take off the rocker cover ??? :shock: Then replace the pipes after 6 refits for $600 dollars... :(

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
IT'S A MITZI (More Innovation To Zap Income)
leonbee

Postby leonbee on Sat May 02, 2015 4:58 pm

The Triton is no doubt the best valued 4WD on the market and yes it has its problems like all makes. Looking forward to the ride and improvements on the new model. :D

The big concern and I think I am speaking for all Triton owners is the carbon build up in the manifold robbing performance and fuel economy. What has been done to address the carbon build up problem in the manifold.

We would like to see some innovation to cost effectively clean the carbon during servicing to restore lost performance.

i.e manifold ports for liquid clean or compressed air, Easier to remove manifold and clean, a filtered IGR, something???
leonbee

Postby mad992 on Sat May 02, 2015 6:16 pm

no sorry :P
mad992

Postby Homer on Sun May 03, 2015 7:00 am

leonbee wrote:The Triton is no doubt the best valued 4WD on the market and yes it has its problems like all makes. Looking forward to the ride and improvements on the new model. :D

The big concern and I think I am speaking for all Triton owners is the carbon build up in the manifold robbing performance and fuel economy. What has been done to address the carbon build up problem in the manifold.

We would like to see some innovation to cost effectively clean the carbon during servicing to restore lost performance.

i.e manifold ports for liquid clean or compressed air, Easier to remove manifold and clean, a filtered IGR, something???

I'm pretty sure the DPF system is their method of pollution control on the new ones, so it wont have the EGR system which is what funnels the exhaust into the inlet manifold. So that should be one issue that is fixed...

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby FreestyleCab on Sun May 03, 2015 7:22 am

.......and for those who do only short or slow city runs for the majority of the time there will now be the issue of clogged DPFs and paying for dealers to do stationary DPF regenerations at service time.
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby snowman on Sun May 03, 2015 7:24 am

FreestyleCab wrote:.......and for those who do only short or slow city runs for the majority of the time there will now be the issue of clogged DPFs and paying for dealers to do stationary DPF regenerations at service time.

pretty sure these ones don't need the burns. not sure how they solve that issue though.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby aids84 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:48 am

Homer wrote:I'm pretty sure the DPF system is their method of pollution control on the new ones, so it wont have the EGR system which is what funnels the exhaust into the inlet manifold. So that should be one issue that is fixed...

snowman wrote:pretty sure these ones don't need the burns. not sure how they solve that issue though.

The new engine still has EGR along with the DPF. And they still require regeneration. If the DPF light comes on the dash it means you should take it for a open road drive to allow it to regenerate. Failure to do this will result in an engine light coming on after a while and you'll need to get a forced regeneration done at a dealer (not covered by warranty by the way).

The DPF being positioned right behind the catalyst (Catalyst and DPF are in the same housing right behind the turbo) should help as the heat coming of the cat will provide some burnoff of trapped particulates in day to day driving.
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Sun May 03, 2015 9:35 am

The engineers at the launch called it a non burn required DPF.

seeing it right behind the turbo like you said should nearly do away with the need to burn on a day to day basis for the majority of users
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby aids84 on Sun May 03, 2015 10:39 am

4wd26 wrote:The engineers at the launch called it a non burn required DPF.

seeing it right behind the turbo like you said should nearly do away with the need to burn on a day to day basis for the majority of users

Could end up being the case, but there is still the ability within the MUT3 to force a regeneration......... Time will tell I guess
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jt76 on Thu May 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Took one for a test drive today. For @4wd26 or anyone else who has spent some time in the new model, what did you think about the engine overall?

I though the whole cabin looked great and seats were nice and everything felt good inside. The ride was on par with most dual cabs but still behind Ranger over rough roads, but better then dmax and colorado. The one thing im a little concerned on was power delivery. I was the first to test drive this car so I know over time it will loosen up but it did feel a bit slugish and when pushed "flat out" it made more noise then forward motion. Just cruising around slowly it was fine but felt lacking under harder acceleration.

Would be interested what other peoples thoughts are compared to the rest of the market. Driving home in my d40 with just 403nm on board it felt stronger across the board, though its hard to compare as d40 is manual and I test drove the auto MQ.
Jt76

Postby 4wd26 on Thu May 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Jt76 wrote:Took one for a test drive today. For @4wd26 or anyone else who has spent some time in the new model, what did you think about the engine overall?

I though the whole cabin looked great and seats were nice and everything felt good inside. The ride was on par with most dual cabs but still behind Ranger over rough roads, but better then dmax and colorado. The one thing im a little concerned on was power delivery. I was the first to test drive this car so I know over time it will loosen up but it did feel a bit slugish and when pushed "flat out" it made more noise then forward motion. Just cruising around slowly it was fine but felt lacking under harder acceleration.

Would be interested what other peoples thoughts are compared to the rest of the market. Driving home in my d40 with just 403nm on board it felt stronger across the board, though its hard to compare as d40 is manual and I test drove the auto MQ.

was that at 100kms or over and trying to overtake?

in that situation I will agree, was a bit lacking, seems most of the power is down low

not that it is lacking, just momentum is not what it could be, like the next turbo should be kicking in 8-) :lol:

I think it a combination auto and engine though as the manual was better.

in fact if the diff ratios were the same (3.9 and not 3.6) the manual would be my pick, so that would rule out the exceed, and that would not be any problem with someone buying and planning to keep standard
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Jt76 on Thu May 07, 2015 2:28 pm

I didnt drive on the freeway. Basically after going around a slow speed corner and putting your foot down to get to around 80km. The first mod would be to trade the stock tyres and put on slightly larger AT tyres which might take the edge off again.

I sometimes tow a boat, maybe around twice a month we take it out. Weights around 1.8t so dont want it to be too slugish. To be honest I found the Ranger had less power then I was expecting and the Amarok had better response then I was expecting (maybe the 8 speed helps).

So far im yet to find the perfect car ;) but I quite like the MQ just not sold on the power....
Jt76

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News