GLS Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

GLS Triton

Postby smurf_11 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:01 am

Hey Everyone...

I am about to take delivery of a new MQ GLS in white..

Was going to put a TJM rear step and a ARB bullbar on the car but having second thoughts now.. ARB will be releasing there shara bar later in the year,which i like the look of over there current summit bar. The TJM rear step looks tuff as but will it look outta place on a car without a bullbar ?

The car will be used 70% of its life around metro areas but will be towing our race cars and doing a few surf mission every few weeks/months.

I really like the look of the new MQ with no bullbar or rear step but with some black Sunraysia and all terrain tyres..

Any imput would be amazing !!

Thanks everyone
smurf_11

Re: GLS Triton

Postby GiantCranium on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:39 pm

It will look fine. Lots of Utes driving around with just rear bars. People who would even notice would know what a work in progress looks like. Unless you are minted very few cars get all the mods at once. And half the fun is planning the next mod
GiantCranium

Postby Duck on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:36 pm

I love the look of the ARB rear summit bar, but looks like the towbar is quite low on them ? I think having a rear bar without front bar will look fine. Half your luck a new toy :)
The TJM rear bar I like from some angles but not from others, but it does seem to have the hitch mounted higher than the ARB one.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby smurf_11 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:51 pm

When i talked with ARB this morning there is alot of goodies to come this year for the MQ..

What does everyone think of the MCC rocker bar ?

https://m.facebook.com/Mcc4x4Accessorie ... &source=42

I like the idea of a full bar replacement rather then cutting half the orignal bar. Reckon the Rocker bar is nice.. not as much protection tho.. would be suprised if the fitment would meet my standards..

Atm i have the ARB front bar priced up to go on the car but dont reckon i will go ahead. I am sure the workmanship is first class but not the look i am after..
smurf_11

Postby ICKIS on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi mate..
I fitted the Dobinson steel winch bar myself in about a 6 pack... say 3 hrs.... Its a complete panel replacement bar and I got it for $1250 supply only. Comes with wiring harnes etc for fog lights and was fairly simple. You can see pics from most angles in my build thread or shed. Goodluck with it.
ONLY SUCKERS PAY THE STICKER PRICE...............
ICKIS

Postby Tome on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 pm

I picked up a ironman rear bar off the net with trailer plugs (no hitch) for $650. It was used for 1 month. Guy sold his mq triton and went back to a landcruiser.
I love the look most out of every after market rear bar.
Tome

Postby Tasc4life on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Tome wrote:I picked up a ironman rear bar off the net with trailer plugs (no hitch) for $650. It was used for 1 month. Guy sold his mq triton and went back to a landcruiser.
I love the look most out of every after market rear bar.

I agree there, if I didn't get rid of the tub for a tray I definitely would have went their rear bar! Sat up nice and tight, and liked how it kind of hugged the back end instead of hanging down like some others.

Still thinking I should get one on to raise departure angle. My genuine towbar looks to hang pretty low in comparison.
Tasc4life

Postby deimos on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:36 am

Let me guess still waiting on the sahara bar to be released... pricks keep postponing it due to new 70 series.... ive been waiting on arb and rhino 4x4 to realese their sahra bar and evolution 3d bars but both keep saying end of yr... now early half next yr
deimos

Return to Member Build Ups