MQ TRITON by ICKIS

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: MQ TRITON by ICKIS

Postby ICKIS on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:33 pm

ag9111 wrote:
4wd26 wrote:Nice, I thought those rims looked like the "snowie" rims from a prado
Interesting that you could fit the 285 wide tyres to the 7" rims, good to know that option exists

BFG say a rim range of 7.5 to 9 inches for a 285 on a 16" or 7.5 to 9.5 on a 17".
From the BFG website

Well I guess I will find out the hard way if there are any issues when dropping pressures etc.
ONLY SUCKERS PAY THE STICKER PRICE...............
ICKIS

Postby Terror on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:48 am

Is it possible that the fuel consumption has also dropped due to the new motor loosening up? I noticed my MN economy got a bit better between 3000 to 5000k's, dropped about 1L per 100.
Terror

Postby ag9111 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:21 am

ICKIS wrote:
ag9111 wrote:
4wd26 wrote:Nice, I thought those rims looked like the "snowie" rims from a prado
Interesting that you could fit the 285 wide tyres to the 7" rims, good to know that option exists

BFG say a rim range of 7.5 to 9 inches for a 285 on a 16" or 7.5 to 9.5 on a 17".
From the BFG website

Well I guess I will find out the hard way if there are any issues when dropping pressures etc.

I thought those "Snowy" rims were a +30 offset.
They were put on by Toyota Australia in Australia and are manufactured by ROH if I remember correctly. If you are interested in centre caps you may still be able to get them.
I have a set of the 3 spoke prado rims for my next set of play wheels. I was wondering what to do with them as they look crap. looks like a trip to super cheap for some anthractite peel coat is on the cards.
Ute is looking good.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ICKIS on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:44 am

I thought those "Snowy" rims were a +30 offset.
They were put on by Toyota Australia in Australia and are manufactured by ROH if I remember correctly. If you are interested in centre caps you may still be able to get them.
I have a set of the 3 spoke prado rims for my next set of play wheels. I was wondering what to do with them as they look crap. looks like a trip to super cheap for some anthractite peel coat is on the cards.
Ute is looking good.[/quote]

Gday mate... the offset is not printed on the rims anywhere i can see... I have just measured from hub face to rim edge... only 10mm difference on the +ve side.

The Peel Coat is from cheapa auto spares... not super cheap auto.... although they will have similar products... but indidnt see any metalics in the colour range.
ICKIS

Postby snakesoup on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:21 pm

best way to do fuel calcs will be do a log on your gps of your klm travelled, so it's your actuall klm...over the coarse of a tank, then apply that that as said before.. your litres used x 100 then devide by klm travelled
only way to get an accurate reading..
snakesoup

Postby ICKIS on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:49 pm

snakesoup wrote:best way to do fuel calcs will be do a log on your gps of your klm travelled, so it's your actuall klm...over the coarse of a tank, then apply that that as said before.. your litres used x 100 then devide by klm travelled
only way to get an accurate reading..

Thanks... will give it a go over the next few weeks and see how the figures tuen out.
ICKIS

Postby rsv4dan on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:05 am

make sure you mod the brake line brackets because the rear lines are now stretched on full droop in the rear.
rsv4dan

Postby ICKIS on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:00 pm

rsv4dan wrote:make sure you mod the brake line brackets because the rear lines are now stretched on full droop in the rear.

Thanks... am onto that
ICKIS

Postby ICKIS on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Terror wrote:Is it possible that the fuel consumption has also dropped due to the new motor loosening up? I noticed my MN economy got a bit better between 3000 to 5000k's, dropped about 1L per 100.

I think the immediate drop in consumption is related ti the change in tyre size and drop in rmp at hwy speeds... but the engine is starting to loosen up a bit.
I took it out for a drive the other night to do some testing before installing the new chip I got from Germany.
Did 6 or 7 0-80kmph trials.. basically floored it from standing start until reaching 80.... timing was pretty consistant and did the same for 0 -100 as well....
Just wanted a benchmark to compare the chip too. Will give a few figures once i have a chance to do some testing.
ICKIS

Postby jerrah on Wed May 18, 2016 11:02 pm

ICKIS wrote:did somebody say "EGR Blank" well I did... Ebay $10 delivered.....
Any issues with the EGR blank since fitted? I had heard they would "throw a code' on these newer models...
jerrah

Postby DannyS on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Looking at fitting 285/70/17s under my MQ as well mate. What offset you think would achieve a better result?
DannyS

Postby I3en0 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:14 pm

I would love to know how the chip went!
I3en0

Postby Tasc4life on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:27 pm

I3en0 wrote:I would love to know how the chip went!

Any news on how the chip went? Interested to see how it's going mate!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Tasc4life

Suspension needed of 33"

Postby Kyle148 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:36 pm

What suspension are you running to fit the 285/75r16s??
Kyle148

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Guys, you need to learn some of the forum features.

Right click on an avatar or left click on a members name on the left side of the post will take you to his (or her) profile.

In the case of ICKIS, last visit to the forum was 9th January, 2017 so, Kyle148, I'd say your chances of a reply are pretty slim.

That said, there are heaps of threads in the tyre section (use the DIRECTORY, above) that deal with the size that you're asking about. Have a read there and, if you have any questions, ask in an appropriate thread.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups