Lawzza's 2016 MQ GLS Auto

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Lawzza's 2016 MQ GLS Auto

Postby Lawz on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Hey all. Got my first Mitsubishi and first 4x4 coming from the Toyota camp :)
Picked up 04/2016 build Triton last weekend during the torrential rain LOL.
I went with white after tossing up between blue and titanium also.

1 week of ownership I purchased Yokohama Geolander ATs 265/65/17 tyres and got an alignment which funnily enough solved the heavy steering.
Click to view larger picture

Purchased Ilana Neotrek Neoprene seat covers from Autobarn on sale $199,
and 3D Design deep dish floor mats (coming in the post this week)

This week I hope to get rustproofing and paint protection done.
If funds after this permit I aim to get ECB or AMA nudge bar, LightForce LED driving lights and UHF before my road trip up North to Byfield.

I'm hanging out for the Chip Tune EGR module though too.
Lawz

Re: Lawzza's 2016 MQ GLS Auto

Postby Fatback on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Hey mate,

Nice buy! I just picked up a silver GLS and have been looking at the neotrek seat covers. Any chance you could throw up a pic of how well they fit?

Cheers!
Fatback

Postby WUNSIE on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:16 pm

How uncanny is that, mine is the same build date, same colour, I got the same neo seat covers from autobarn $ 159 and I managed to pick up a nudge bar brand new as it was being replaced with a bull bar, and I also traded in my Hilux :lol: ;)
WUNSIE

Postby Lawz on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Fatback wrote:Hey mate,

Nice buy! I just picked up a silver GLS and have been looking at the neotrek seat covers. Any chance you could throw up a pic of how well they fit?

Cheers!

Thanks mate! I would get them but not many autobarn have stock left as they are on sale this week. Can check store stock on ebay. They are the same as SuperTrim on ebay. The fronts are 2 peice and headrest. Rear are 2 peice. Arm rest has a zip and a cover with holes for drink holder and of course 3 head rest covers. I'll take photos on weekend otherwise I'll try finish work early to get some daytime pics. The fit is reasonably tight and for the price it's unbeatable.
Lawz

Postby Lawz on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:49 pm

WUNSIE wrote:How uncanny is that, mine is the same build date, same colour, I got the same neo seat covers from autobarn $ 159 and I managed to pick up a nudge bar brand new as it was being replaced with a bull bar, and I also traded in my Hilux :lol: ;)

Haha did you purchase yours from Nundah Mitsu Queensland too? haha I've been looking at nudge bars. ECB or AMA lol
Lawz

Postby Lawz on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Time for an update. Travelled 8880KMs now and have since fitted Crispmods EGR delete module. Also purchased OppositeLock MeanGreen 8T snatch kit with bridle and a Bushranger Black Max II compressor.

Over the weekend I fitted up Tyrant4x4 black nudge bar, GME TX3100 UHF, Lightway 7" 190w spot lights, Air On Board push switch and Western Filters Mann & Hummel ProVent. Some pics from some trips and new accessories.

Up at Bribie Island with Tritoss2

Fitting up the accessories in my mate's workshop

Still love driving this beast! Saving up now for towbar kit, recovery points and 2" lift. Happy days! :D
Lawz

Postby murwullambah on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:46 pm

How do you find the EGR delete, has it affected performance, ie lower boost.?
murwullambah

Postby Lawz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:21 pm

murwullambah wrote:How do you find the EGR delete, has it affected performance, ie lower boost.?

Positives: economy improved.
Negatives: Definitely loss of boost as stated by others and when turning engine off seems a bit harsh.
I've just got the catch can now and wondering whether I should just remove the cable and go without.
Lawz

Return to Member Build Ups